1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Lineage II clan fight claims life

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 21 Jan 2008.

1. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

This is quite sad and totally stupid.

2. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

People have killed for alot less. Life is cheap to some.

3. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

when i used to play eve-online one of are uper corp members taken every thing out of hanger and cleaned the bank out

problem was with that was that the Corp leader knew where he lived... that ends there as he did not talk much after that so somthing most likey happened (hopefully something intresting as long as death was not involved)

4. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

I could have sworn I saw a similar story on Digg months back relating to something the exact same.

Lineage II, Russia, one man killed when two gamers met in real life.

5. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

what's the death consequences in lineage? I mean in a game like WoW someone killing you at most is an inconvenience, perhaps they could make your party or whatever wipe and cost you a few gold, but that's like a 5-10 min setback. In a game like eve, If they destroy your ship and pod you that actually could be quite a bit of time and in game money lost.

not knowing much about lineage, was this some sort of perm death or what?
    I remember hearing something similar in china a few years ago? where a player sold a sword his friend had got in game (was it lineage?) and he went to his house and killed him. over it. some people just lose focus of what's important in life and really go off the hinges, it's happened over everything from drugs to money to love, to respect. a game and it's percieved value is no different, but still just as sad

6. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

wow how sad oh well I still think L2 is way better then WoW anyways.

7. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

This reminds me of the whole ingame-'Funeral'-raid controversy a while ago in WOW.

There's a bunch of people that lose tough with reality now and then. If anything, this only proves that games have a function in society, which is for people to have an outlet of violence and anger that allows the killed person to stand up and walk away afterwards. It is the person that failed in this incident, not the game.

8. SlappKnutts

SlappKnutts What's a Dremel?

Sadly enough it is gamers that are going to have to stand up in disgust of actions like this! Doing nothing I'm afraid allows all the idiot groups out there to lump us into one large group. Blaming the games themselves for these crimes, and not the criminals that were obvliously playing with half a deck before they were introduced to online gaming!
    All of us gamers have been beat or cheated at one time or another, the difference luckily is we take a deap breath and play on, or throw our keyboard across the room... but not go out and kill the other person! That is beyond sad!

9. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Where are all the AK-47s and molotov cocktails?

Tags: Add Tags