1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Linksys Router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Burwell, 8 Feb 2002.

1. Burwell

Burwell What's a Dremel?

I purchased a linksys router this past november so i could share my new cable internet connection (Or rather get the internet to my computer in my room). I set it up and everything works fine sort of...Whenever I start to download the list of counter-strike servers the router craps out on me. I am forced to go downstairs to the router and reset it (Unplug it). My question is has anyone had this problem, and if so have you found any fixes for it? I have tryed upgrading the firmware, but that didn't work. I also checked linksys' website, but they had nothing about this problem.

2. Phil

Phil What's a Dremel?

that's very strange....

The counterstrike serverlist browsers on some funny port to get the list, my linux box logged it once and i wondered what it was....it worked fine though - but that may be because i have no firewall rules - if your router is trying to act as a firewall too it may be confusing it.

Or, it may not just be able to handle the sheer number of connections it suddenly has to make.

Tags: