1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant little annoyed that scan deleted my post and closed the thread

Discussion in 'General' started by adam_bagpuss, 4 Aug 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

it would only go to court if scan refused to budge on the issue should the OP have evidence to support thier claim.

So scan are not right at all. although the last post by scan seems to accept should he come forward they will deal with it providing he has evidence and that is nice to hear.

2. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Well Sales of Goods Act will most likely disregard a £3 pair of headphones after 13 months, but they certainly would expect a £50 pair of headphones to last longer than 13 months.

3. Cleggmeister

Cleggmeister Of reasonable knowledge...

Quick poll; what will happen first?

Peace in the Middle East
    BAA staff agree to call off further industrial action
    This thread is resolved to everyone's satisfaction

Sorry, but just trying to inject a little humour. I've nothing constructive to add.

:)

4. fev

fev Industry Fallout

*yawn* **** it, take it to the small claims court.

Job done /thread close

5. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

So if a £50 headset has to last longer than the 1 year warranty, £300 laptops should last how long? 6 years, which is 5 years longer than the 1 year warranty?

To the OP. You tried to RMA this item. You were lazy and slow, thus it got rejected. You then kick up a fuss about deleted posts and SoGA. Your just being petty and vindictive, and dragging out every tedious argument. No court is going to back you up because we live in a throw away society now. In reference to my above argument, if your laptop develops a fault after 13 months, then you chuck it away and buy another one. If you want extended warranties, thats your choice on the laptop, but ignoring that, theres nothing you can do. Get over yourself.

6. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

Are you directing your message to the OP of this thread or the original thread that was closed? Because the OP of this thread and the OP of the other thread are not the same person.

7. Akava

Akava Lurking...

Firstly :read:...

Secondly I would bloody well hope so.

8. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

It took him HOW long to post it?? Jog on

None of this would have happened if he'd have taken the 10 minutes to post it the day after, the week after even he did the RMA.

9. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

I would expect a £50 headset to last me a lot longer than a year (anything less then three years and I would be upset).

10. Akava

Akava Lurking...

I think this is the point everyone is missing, its not about the Warranty. Its about the Sales of Goods Act or what ever its called, and the editing/deleting/locking of a thread by a SCAN representative.

All of which has been resolved to a good enough degree serveral posts back.

flibblesan likes this.
  11. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Only bit-tech could produce a thread this ridiculous.

12. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Wow that's fantastic! I wish other e-tailers like ebuyer offered free shipping...

13. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

^this

14. cdb

cdb No comment

My sinclair spectrum (rubber keyboard 48K) that I bought in 1983 still works, so does my 1989ish? Atari STFM, my 1989 Toshiba 21" tv, a pair of JVC £50ish headphones that I bought in the 90s sometimes.

The problem is people don't have a clue about their rights. Just because something breaks it isn't tough/end of/deal with it. You are still covered by the sale of goods act upto 6years in England.

My Philips plasma tv bust (faulty panel) after 26 months and I had no warranty. I searched for common faults on the net with a view to a fix and then stumbled across This forum I was informed that I could still be covered by SOGA. I researched SOGA abit more and decided I had a claim under the durability clause. As if all the stuff I listed above still works, then a £2000 TV damn well should after 26months. One engineers letter and a letter by me to Comet was all it took for them to agree replace my tv for a brand new one of the same standard that I had bought and to the full value. Problem sovled, I'm happy and they keep a customer and the thousands I'll spend there in the future.

I probably wouldn't use the SOGA on the pair of head phones in question after say 3 or 4 years, but after 13months I'd expect them to work and probably would.

ps, my first ever car windscreen got replaced by my insurance company 2 months after I left them as I just happened to mention it in passing to to insurance guy when he came round the house. No warranty there, just bloody impressive customer service. I felt guilty that I'd left them after that.

15. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I want my 40 minutes back

confusis and October like this.
  16. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

this. +rep

17. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

+1

Headphones wearing down = wear and tear. Take better care of your sh*t and send RMAs out the day you get the instructions (really, waiting 3 months to send it? Lawl).

The QQ is strong in this thread.

18. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

What a waste of time.
    +1 to scan for what they did.
    Not the editing part. I would of left the information they think is wrong(not going to argue if it is or not)
    put up a post saying what they think is right. and then lock the thread.

-1 to the guy who took too long to send it in.
    Never would a company extend the warrenty to give someone time to send something in. Why would they? if its broken, send it in now. right now. If you wait, its on you. Scan didn't make this guy wait. Why should they pay for that?

Its out of warrenty, and if what I read IS correct. He has to prove that it was defective. For all we know, the damage was caused by him. but we don't know, so let someone else figure that out.

waste of internet space...

19. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Come on people this is getting out of hand now, Calling someone a tosser and a lakky is not right.

This thread should be closed.

20. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

Mind the doors.

There's absolutely no need for abuse - the Scan team are forum members like anyone else and don't deserve name calling for their input. In addition, as the OP pointed out, far too many people in this thread simply hadn't read the original post and didn't want/couldn't grasp the issue.

Last edited: 5 Aug 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.