1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LMAO....Time to take her back lads...

Discussion in 'General' started by -:: M@ ::-, 8 Nov 2004.

1. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Fosters!? No one drinks that cat's p!ss. It's the worst Australian beer ever. It's so bad that the entire production goes overseas - mostly to the US.

2. Surge

Surge What's a Dremel?

I'm in the same boat as Kameleon, from the Americans I've talked to on the internet (which hardly represents the population) a good percentage of them have fallen right into the stereotypes and usually ended the conversation "f your 3rd world country," At the same time I've talked to some really cool ones who don't remotely fall into the stereotypes.

So, In my conclusion.. I feel these Americans who don't fall into the stereotypes are just misplaced Bristish people who've ended up on the wrong piece of dirt one way or another.
    Britian and New Zealand (and maybe even Australia) would be more than willing to correctly seat you and raise you further in a good well balanced society which we feel we can provide you the absolute best at all times. :naughty:

3. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

Noble = [​IMG]

American's need to learn throwing bigger engines at problems dont work.
    European's can get the same horsepower from an engine about 1/3 of the size. damn Germans are unefficent :p

I needed a good laugh and that thread certainly worked... agreee'd on all points mentioned.

[Unfortunatly]We might have to give them a poor medical services that they will learn to dread called the NHS.

4. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

I'm going to :search: to find out the last time I was right about anything. :rolleyes:

I got hooked on fosters in college because a local pub had it for $1.50 pint

5. dead_man

dead_man Confucious say: WTF???

oi, us auusiea r the same, and guess what, every1 wants our cars (the GTO/monaro and the commodore)

6. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

I didn't say that, in fact I meant the exact opposite - most of the Americans I talk to are great, it's just that they will tend to represent the more intelligent part of the population, so I can't base my perception of the whole United States purely on them any more than I can on one guy called Cleatus.

7. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

ayaeet boyz, git in tha truuuk, wez goin to keeell us a lizard boy :D

8. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

"Naaw! listern heere, Thees heere is my sex-box, and hurr name es sony!"

~Thank you family guy.

I guess I'd have to agree with Eddie. It know most of the worlds opinion of us, As I am sure most people from the U.S. that post here are. It seems sometimes we can get along just fine, then someone has to throw it in our faces with stuff like this.

Leave the NFL alone, If anything it's more peaceful then "rugby" and "football" to watch and attend. I like the NFL because it seems more calculated IMO. Rugby,Lacrosse and Hockey just seem to be, not for me. Do I think "Football" Should be called Soccer everywhere? No, seems you all named if football before we called it soccer. Should we be ragged on if we want to call it soccer and not football? No.

/end rant

:wallbash:

9. -:: M@ ::-

-:: M@ ::- Testify!

OMFG, it was a SARCASTIC POST about the UK's general view on americans, that was done in a comical way, which most people have just found funny without having to pick at it, it was just showing the differences between american and english, and poking fun at the stereotypes, it was posted to get a few giggles, not to go off on one....
    If us english didn't get on with the US people on here, I wouldn't have of posted, but I expected the sensible ones on here to just take it in there stride and see the funny point of it, I mean I bet theres some version out there about us and our crumpet munching...

And btw, I assume in the distant past the people who came up with 'american football' called it that because they thought it was an improvement on football (teaching people in poppin' fresh suits strategies of how to charge with a oval ball...) so yeah, thats probably why everyone else gets pissed at it, as the name just reminds us of the stereotype that you think your higher than everyone else in the world, yes I put stereotype, I know you and most the americans on the board arn't like that, so don't go off on one!

- M@

10. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Well said -:: M@ ::- old chap, jolly good show!

11. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

As much as I laughed at the first post in this thread, I can't say too much I supose. We (and when I say "we" I don't mean me - I hate the evil *******) just re-ellected the same d!ckhead who's been bending us Australians over backwards - and then over forwards - for the same d!ckhead who the Americans have just re-elected (Think Iraq. Think FTA with America having input into Australian laws! :duh: ).

Statistically I've just insulted the majority of Australians and Americans on this forum. Oh hang on, we're all intelligent people here. :D

/me climbs down off soapbox.

12. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

:sigh:

Did I find it funny to a point? Yes some of it was true. However, after seeing this on the mounting anti-USing that seems to happen every now and then it gets a little tiring tbh.

Football is football, and football is football. There is no definition of which is better since anything stating such is just an opinion. Americans tried "soccer/football" but "football/NFL" seemed to do better. It still does today, it is our own thing really. Since it the latter is more popular over here that's why it go the name. Now im not saying it's logical just how it worked out.

One a side note where the hell did "soccer" come from anyway, the word not the sport.

13. Sunny-D

Sunny-D What's a Dremel?

Main Entry: soc·cer
    Pronunciation: 'sä-ker
    Function: noun
    Etymology: by shortening & alteration from association football
    Date: 1889
    : a game played on a field between two teams of 11 players each with the object to propel a round ball into the opponent's goal by kicking or by hitting it with any part of the body except the hands and arms; called also association football

that came out of merriam websters online dictionary.

now i understand why i always get confused when im spelling things. i read alot of british car magazines (im into german cars customised over there) and i get your spellings stuck in my head. not a big problem though, as your spellings just look better written down.

yes, the president is an idiot.

and new zealand is just north of australia, and i believe their island is divided in two, but with what, i dont know...

and roundabouts, dont get me started on those. while cool in concept, ive experienced enough of them in my life on a trip to britain. and theres a roundabout just north of here out in the country joining 5 roads, and my mom drives extra distances just to avoid it. i prefer street lights, and i believe if youre going to have an intersection, 2 roads maximum is plenty. or 4 that begin in the same place, like near my school.

my friends swear by GUINNESS. <--- will be what i drink on my 21st birthday. (i hate the drinking laws here.)

and ive always wondered why gas is more expensive there than here. is it an elaborate plan to reduce pollution on britains part? because our cars are twice the size and the gas is about a third the price here right now. (currently around $2.09 a gallon) i remember the days that it was less than a buck a gallon, $0.87 a gallon to be exact. around the mid nineties iirc.

hee hee hee, yes, ford 0wns j00 all. including mazda. and volvo. and land rover. and jagUar. (i pronounce it that way. im weird here) oh, and aston martin too.
    and yet, those supremely AMERICAN american guys who drive dodge rams with flags all over them screaming "im american to the core bi7ch!!!" dont realize theyre owned by the german company that owns mercedes. muah ha ha ha. dont believe me? go to the diamler chrysler website and look at the brand listing. at one time i had all the brands worked out in my head of who owned who, but im a little behind now, need to refresh my memory.

good read tho, very funny. im british and irish, so i get the humor.

14. Surge

Surge What's a Dremel?

:D

Last edited: 7 Dec 2004
  15. Alan

Alan What's a Dremel?

Stereotypes aren't much fun for the stereotyped - as a Scot, I should know!
    One of the interesting ones I've found in real life is that the stereotype of the loud, boorish American abroad with the bright shirt, complete with moaning wife is just that - a stereotype. In real life, the most polite and courteous people I have ever met - when they were abroad - were Americans. (i.e. I met them when neither of us was in our home country).

Indeed, anyone who has read any of Bill Bryson's books will understand some of the background to it and - "ize" is actually the older spelling of "-ise" The British changed from the "z" to the "s" over the last 100 years - the Americans reteined the original spelling. Up to about 10 years ago, the London Times still used the "z".