1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by longweight, 9 Nov 2013.

1. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

So I need a mouse to use with my Lenovo Yoga Book, my requirements are:

- Small USB receiver
    - Forward / backward buttons
    - Scroll wheel

Not a long list really! I have been looking for a few days and the best mouse seems to be the Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX. Currently I use a G700 which is amazing but I cannot afford a second one just for use with my Laptop.

Link: http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/anywhere-mouse-mx?crid=7

Does anyone own the Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX? Can you set the scroll wheel to also free spin? I never use the ratchet mode but I do use the scroll wheel as a middle mouse button on my other mice, can this be set to middle mouse function instead of a scroll wheel toggle?

Any other suggestions are very welcome!

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

The scroll wheel can either free spin or click - you click the wheel itself in to switch between the two.
    The middle button is situated just below the wheel on account of this, which with the software you can set to whatever your heart desires.

Great little mouse IMO - I've got one for when I'm working away. The only mouse I've ever used which doesn't sweat with tracking on a glossy wood or glass meeting room table.

3. longweight

Thanks for the info, I'm torn because I use the scroll wheel to pan around a lot.

4. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

i use a VX nano at work, the MX anywhere is the refreshed version

i love it, battery lasts forever, and it's has no problems for 6 years now

5. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I have the VX Nano as well. Awesome mouse.
    The MX Anywhere, the newer version, has improved tracking, and operate on more surfaces, including glass, thanks to Logitech DarkField technology. Battery lasts forever.

I wish they made a Bluetooth version of the mouse, so that now you really don't have to have the receiver, and also free the limited ports that we have with ultrabooks convertible devices.

6. longweight

I agree, I did look into Bluetooth options but there really aren't any good ones.

MS has released some interesting mice for Windows 8 but there are no forward / backward buttons?!

7. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Yea, I know. I don't get this.

8. longweight

It is a real shame because I love the gesture features that the new mice have but I cannot go back to a mouse without back/forward buttons!