1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding logitech elite keyboard mod ??

Discussion in 'Modding' started by aurazes, 18 Dec 2003.

1. aurazes

aurazes What's a Dremel?

i jus got the wired logitech elite keyboard, and this is the best keyboard i ever used..

anyone know any articles for any avaliable mods on this thing..
    by the way what size leds does this keyboard use.. ?

thanks in advance..

2. Shogun

Shogun Banned

open it up and have a look ;)

3. The_Sub

The_Sub What's a Dremel?

The only way to tell is like Shogun said "open it up and have a look"... I have seen 3mm, 5mm, and SMD being used on various keyboards. Even different types of leds on keyboards made by the same manufacturer. So... Break out that screwdriver and :dremel: mod on..

4. aurazes

aurazes What's a Dremel?

yeh leds are the first thing i'm gonna mod. since its powered by usb, i might think of embedding a usb hub on the backside.. also replace the scrolly wheel with a clear one and put a led behind it... so much to do.. so little time..

5. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

I've had that keyboard for nearly a year, and have never once used that scroll wheel and whatnot on the left. I think I'm going to rip those out and try replacing with a CF card reader and USB hub. :dremel:

6. white modder

white modder What's a Dremel?

glow wire between the keys

7. aurazes

aurazes What's a Dremel?

has anyone experience taking these apart, do they fall to pieces that u cant put back together like some keyboards??

8. RaptorRed

RaptorRed What's a Dremel?

If its anything like my logitech navigator keyboard you just have to go slow and make a note of the order every thing goes back together!

Procedure:
    1. Turn over take out all screws.
    2. hold two parts together and turn over again.
    3. take off top panel and you can see what needs to be done.

hope that helps.

Raptor out

9. TekMonkey

Well, I just took mine apart to see how much room there is to work with. And I'm typing again with it right now.

Unscrew all the screws on the back.
    Make sure you're holding onto the top and bottom of the keyboard and flip it over and let all the screws fall out.
    Take off the top cover and there you go.

There is another "level" in there with screws that lets you get t othe bottom. Its easiest to get to the scroll whell on the side and buttons up top by taking this level off.

10. skyrex

skyrex What's a Dremel?

what does ppl's think about the wireless logitech keyboard in the mxduo set?? would it b possible to whack in some leds for caps/num/scroll?? or would it suck too much from the batt life?? also i think with the reciever/mouse charger of them, an idea u could get is a multi-colour led that fades thru a series of colours for the main/power led... would b kinda funky i reckon :)

11. TekMonkey

It would have to be on the mouse, because I don't think the charger can tell what the mouse's battery level is when its not in the dock.

But then again, In the mouse properties window it shows you what the battery life is (but it only says good battery life or low battery life)

12. aurazes

aurazes What's a Dremel?

i like the design on this keyboard, components come aprat.. so all i had on the bench was the silicon board, not the entire keyboard, another up side is that those clear plastic things that hold the leds fit 5mm ones and they were using 3mm leds, before on other keyboards i had to break off pieces to make the 5mm fit..
    Theres pretty much space in there so i might jus put more mods into it..

now the downside, the new leds are really bright its distracting.. haha