1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Logitech G announces PowerPlay wireless charging system

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 12 Jun 2017.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Pete J

Pete J RIP Teelzebub

Ohh, very interested in this - or at least, I would be. I currently use a G700s for playing games with and in my opinion is probably the best mouse I have ever used in terms of conveniently placed buttons and general ergonomics. I use a Marathon mouse for normal use or strategy games.

Unfortunately, the G903 seems a step backwards as a gaming mouse, lacking the G700s' button placement. The G703 looks far more suited for a general purpose mouse but I've got used to having additional buttons, and the Marathon mouse is still going strong on its 2+ year old batteries...

3. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

I will hopefully get this. I am currently using the G900 and love it, the only downside is every 3 or 4 days I have to remember to plug it in. Charging doesn't take long on it and it gives me ample warning (when it hits 30%, which gives me a fair few hours still), but I would prefer not to have to bother :D

4. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Can someone explain the benefits of a wireless mouse for gaming. I get it for HTPC / media server use but for gaming where you are normally within usb cable distance of the tower what is the perceived benefits of wireless.

In all my years of gaming I have never thought that my mouse cable is holding me back (assuming it has some slack / not snagged which is easily achieved).

I'm always surprised by the demand for a wireless mouse.

5. Pete J

Pete J RIP Teelzebub

With a wired mouse I ALWAYS ran into a scenario where the cable got in the way. They're also just a lot more convenient for normal desktop use for the same reason.

I also love wireless keyboards for the same reason.

6. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Lunatic on the Grass.

I gave up on wireless mice a few years ago and have not looked back. I have a Razer mouse bungee and the wire is never a problem.