1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Logitech G510 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 25 Mar 2011.

1. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Ugly or not? matter of taste, just go look on the Logitech Website, there is a wide range of different looks available.

Expensive? Of course there are cheaper Keyboards, but a) don't forget that Logitech Products can often be found a lot cheaper in shops than on the Logitech Website b) you get what you pay for c) the Support Logitech offers to Customers is far above and beyond what other Manufacturers offer.

2. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

The Cyborg v5 is currently listed as discontinued on the Aria website, and while some stores still have them it's getting rarer. Any chance we can get a new keyboard round up sometime soon?

3. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

so wait they pretty much brought back the G15 version 1? with some slight tweaks... well a great keyboard is still a great keyboard.

4. pantalaimon

pantalaimon What's a Dremel?

5. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

£80+ for a keyboard?

Like heck I'd pay that much...

Which is why I bought one of these for £30
    *Puts on Geek face like Roto from Eureka (manga)*

Gotta love it when websites misstype xD
    They took it down after a day or two, but they have to honor the aggrement since they already charged & invoiced me =P

6. Pyr0

Pyr0 What's a Dremel?

yeah, not worth £80 :nono:
    got mine for a tenner...

7. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

@ the people who buy anything besides mechanical keyboards.

Go mechanical. It's worth every effing penny :D

8. Jugglernaut

Jugglernaut What's a Dremel?

How can a keyboard review not include any mention of how the actual keys feel? Is it still the same sloppy membrane feel as on the older G-series boards or has it improved?

9. srx08

srx08 What's a Dremel?

I agree, there are so many better keyboards out there that are far superior to the "gaming" style keyboards you see everywhere.

The exception to the rule is SteelSeries with their 6GV2 and 7G keyboards. I am currently using a Das Professional Model S silent. http://www.daskeyboard.com/model-s-professional-silent

My only issue is that there is that the keys don't light up.

10. MIBO

MIBO What's a Dremel?

I bought the G15 when it first came out then a G11 for my laptop, now the G510.
    These keyboard are worth every penny.
    I play games when I get the time and it's great for gaming, but in my job I'm a systems architect and write lots of SW.
    The ease of programmability of the macro keys has saved me thousands of pounds in time spent developing SW.
    I frequently convert C++ CA models to Verilog/ and the reverse. It's a tricky job but made a lot easier using the macro keys on this keyboard. Not something that can easily be automated as the first stage is usually a complex set of editing the code manually.
    For years I worked alternate weeks in Switzerland and the UK, at home I had the keyboard but it stayed home when I travelled as it's too big to carry onboard.
    Using the macro record / replay buttons I can do a task in half an hour that takes a day when I don't have this keyboard connected.
    It's so usefuI I eventually bough a second one just to have one available in the office.

Tags: Add Tags