1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Logitech Gaming software BSOD with windows 10 on Z170 chipsets

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DC74, 27 Dec 2015.

1. DC74

DC74 Doh!

After rebuilding my system the other week I installed everything then put the drivers for my Logitech G510 keyboard in and windows 10 BSOD, took me by surprise as I used windows 7 and 10 previously and it's been ages since I've seen a BSOD.
    I tried safe mode different ports etc nothing can get it to work with their software all reporting random things BAD_POOL_HEADER etc and Kernel issues and tons of other random things. By the way I was using windows 10 previously with my old Sandybridge system and it seemed buggy at times

My system is as follows:-

Windows 10x64
    Intel core i7 6700K (Skylake)
    16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz ram
    Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero Z170 Motherboard
    MSI Nvidia GTX970
    500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
    1TB Western Digital Black HDD
    Corsair RM650x PSU

I contacted Logitech support and got the usual run around of try this and that, which I had already done, then did some research and found this list of issues :wallbash:

https://forums.logitech.com/t5/face...48071587/message-uid/1430510/tab/board/page/1

So I simply don't understand what Logitech are playing at, it's clearly a known issue with Z170 chipsets and their software, more than likely their software alone. :duh:

Why aren't hardware manufacturers more accountable? after all we fork out a premium for their higher priced stuff, they could at least keep their software updated and their tech support people in the loop instead of them telling us to do the same stuff over and over. I doubt I'll buy any of their goods in future given the bad experience I've had thus far. :nono:

Last edited: 27 Dec 2015