1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Logitech launches ambidextrous G300 gaming mouse

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Baz, 23 Aug 2011.

1. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

2. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Knowing how I hold and use my mouse I would be hitting the two top buttons all the time with my third finger whichever hand I used. Surely I wouldn't be alone in this?

3. Romashka

Romashka What's a Dremel?

Not for me, get used to have TeamSpeak on the Thumb buttons, and its awkward desine to have buttons on the right side of the buttons i think

4. SpAceman

SpAceman What's a Dremel?

I find ambidextrous mice to be a bit of a half ass way of doing it. Sure lefties can use it but its still no where near as good as a fully right or left handed mouse. How about a mouse with a shell that can be swapped depending on the desired ergonomics? A bit like the G9 if you know what I mean.

5. SaNdCrAwLeR

SaNdCrAwLeR What's a Dremel?

you mean... like the Habu? :D

6. demonisch

demonisch What's a Dremel?

I am a leftie. I am currently using a razor diamondback which is ambidextrous. The C300 mouse looks interesting although I am concerned about the "small hand size" issue that you mentioned.

7. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

My daughter is a lefty, mainly when writing, but she has no issue using her right hand for the mouse.... come to think of it, she throws with her right too.

8. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

My grandads a leftie, but he had it beaten out of him when he was in school...

On a related note i agree, an ambidextrous gaming mouse seems a bit silly, but i guess if there is a market for it?
    Would be cool to be able to clip and unclip pads on the left and right hand side to suit both lefties and rights grip?

9. Dedlite

Dedlite What's a Dremel?

Hmmm, I have a CM Storm Inferno, which looks similar. I don't see any thumb buttons though, where the Inferno has 3, and you can move in a different configuration with a panel which clips on and off. Only 35 quid too.

10. Neilc

Neilc Minimodder

Not interested in a ambi mouse - I have a Razor diamondback and although its good and ambi, I need something to fill my massive farmer hands, as gets uncomfortable after a couple of hours!!

11. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Liking Symmetrical XD

12. llOriginll

llOriginll Minimodder

I'm a lefty, use a razr lachesis and love it as I have large hands.

The idea of a compact mouse doesn't appeal to me and I've never liked logitech mice. Clearly am picky.

Or I need something to fill my massive farm hands coming from the southwest *leshrug*

13. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I don't know why these companies don't just bite the bullet and make a proper left version of a good mouse, like the G500. No one right handed is going to use an Ambi Mouse and it just says '**** you lefties'.

14. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

My last mouse was the ambidextrous Diamondback which others have mentioned earlier, it can be done right, it's just not easy. Methinks most ambi mice are smaller because larger mice tend to be more form fitting and thus harder to cater to both orientations. A small mouse will have less ergonomics which can fit with both pinky and thumb, such as with this Logitech mouse where each side simply has a generic finger groove.

It really can't be hard to make left handed versions, though. Just a matter of mirroring everything in their design program.

15. rv88uk

rv88uk What's a Dremel?

I'm a lefty but I've never really considered using a left-handed mouse, grown up using it on my right and I guess it stuck. I'm kind of curious to see if left handed control is more accurate now, although it would mean buying a new mouse at some point.

16. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

That's how all ambidextrous mice are; draw half, mirror, sell

17. malcolm

malcolm What's a Dremel?

I've never met a leftie that uses the mouse in the left hand (I'm a leftie), are there many users on here that do? Makes WASD a pain in the butt I imagine?

18. slothy89

slothy89 MicroModder

Half the staff at my work use the mouse left handed (oh&s recommendation)
    With WASD surely they could use the arrows? Or OJKL? assuming the game has customisable mappings... Which seems to be reducing thanks to consoles :(

19. slothy89

slothy89 MicroModder

Oh and I'm happy with my Microsoft Sidewinder X8 thanks :)

20. Ataraxia

Ataraxia <b>OOH BABY!!!</b>

I managed to get hold of a left handed MX610 early this year after having used an MX700 for years. It's so nice to have something designed for the correct hand at last! I do have the buttons set up right handed though - I'm so used to left button for left click, and using so many different computers as I do it's become natural instinct to do so.

UHJK for gaming all the way ;)