1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Logitech MX Revolution

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chrisb2e9, 20 Dec 2008.

1. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

Hey, I just bought this mouse, I like it except for one thing.
    To use the middle mouse button you have to push down pretty hard. I've been through the software but cant find a way to change it. Anyone else own one and know of a way that you dont have to break your finger to use the middle mouse button?

pimonserry likes this.
  2. DorkSterr

DorkSterr Hakuna Matata

You cant change the hardware configuration.

3. chrisb2e9

I was hoping there may be a setting somewhere to allow it to be more sensitive to a middle click.

4. twentynine

twentynine Can never win...

Well....you could theoretically open it up and weaken whatever is giving resistance. Wouldn't suggest it though....

Unless I'm missing what you're saying that is. I've never had a problem with it when using that particular mouse so I am a bit lost on what you're saying.

5. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I use the search button as the third mouse button. I use the wheel for switching between click mode or free mode. I also use software profiles to match my needs per applications.

Check out:http://www.mstarmetro.net/users/rlowens/
    You install that after installing SetPoint, and it give you about all the features of all mouses for your mouse (and a bit more). Just in the setup, uncheck the ability to edit the left/right mouse button. For one it's useless, second the mouse button wont work in some applications like ZoneAlarm or Kaspersky. I don't understand how come, but it's like that. Just uncheck that option in the setup of ubberOptions and you are set.

pimonserry likes this.
  6. chrisb2e9

Thanks, i'll take a look in the morning when Im a bit more awake.

7. chrisb2e9

well, I just returned it. I cant justify paying over 100$ for a mouse that I'm not 100% happy with.

8. Krog_Mod

Krog_Mod Minimodder

I don't blame you. I got mine for 50 (refurbished) and I still wasn't quite happy with it. Slow response time, rubber band on the wheel stretched and slowed down the forever spin.. (so i cut it and put it back on) and the drivers were a pain in the butt if u wanted to use another mouse on the same system. I like it for its wheel.. but that's about it. It's not even that comfortable, and yeah the middle click on that wheel is pretty tough..

9. jake9891

jake9891 Loves Internet Shopping

I assigned wheel button as middle mouse button, it's not hard to change. I got mine for £60 and I think it's great, quite heavy, but still great mouse. It does everything I want to be done. It takes time to get used to :)

10. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Slow response time,[rubber band on the wheel stretched and slowed down the forever spin.. (so i cut it and put it back on)[/quote]
    My band is stuck on the metal wheel, I really don't have this issue, even if I try. You probably got an early version, or defective. Response time is fine here as well. Probably interference.

Mine is easy to press.... hmmm...
    As for comfort, we all have different hands, (that is why there is millions of models out there to choose from). For me, for all the mouses I used, this mouse is the most comfortable one. Tow friends tried my mouse, both like the shape, a lot. But one says it's too heavy, and the other says it's way too light. Huh...

11. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

i have had this for a year now, and i'm still very very happy with it. The shape really helps me after a days work, and the weight and glide are perfect for me.

I have absolutely huge hands though, so for me it could have been a few sizes bigger to make it really perfect.

Oh, and i treared it quite badly, and now the middle-mouse "search" button is stuck. The rest is holding out wonderfully. The only other thing that ever survived being close to my hands for so long is my watch... and that's solid titanium!

12. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

love mine, it took a while to get use to, but the free spin scrolling is wonderful, speed up doc's and webpages.

and its actually very accurate for my work.