1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Logitech Speaker System Z623 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 16 Jan 2011.

1. Nature

Nature Member

I am surprised you (the author) did not include the basic specifications such as wattage, cord length, xbox 360 testing, and so much more... Things that are very important to someone looking to buy new speakers... It is weird to see a one page review (on something that is not a game) here at bit-tech too. You could of put more thought into this.

2. MSHunter

MSHunter Well-Known Member

I really would like a new sound card review now that Asus have updated their drives it has made the Xonar cards much better then at launch. ASUS Xonar Essence STX

3. MSHunter

MSHunter Well-Known Member

The entire point of that one was to says you can get much better for the same price at the logitech set. Not that the set is "Audiophile" quality.
    Yes the F1's are much better and I use them.
    They do of course cost around 100£ on their own.

4. Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos I Will Snipe You!

I personally would prefer if Logitech came up with a Z-5500 beater instead of 2.1 setups. Z5500's are so old and Logitech's #1 5.1 speaker set could do with some serious refreshing. - But like they said. if it aint broke dont fix it

5. mrbens

mrbens New Member

You need to check out audio expert websites if you want a proper review of something like the ASUS Xonar Essence STX. Not knocking bit-tech, they do a good job at testing hardware they can benchmark and compare, but for audio it's best to read a review from people that test audio devices as a living.

I have the Essence STX card and if you listen to a lot of music (even mp3, but lossless is better with high quality audio cards) through decent headphones on your PC then it is a noticeable improvement over onboard sound. Haven't tested it with speakers as I use 5.1 surround speakers through onboard connections for watching downloaded HD films and TV with HDMI to my plasma.

The Essence outputs analogue stereo, or surround out through SPDIF but my speakers use 3x 3.5mm inputs. My next upgrade will be decent AV amp Sony STRDH810 + surround speakers such as Jamo A102 or if I can stretch to it Boston Acoustics XS.

6. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Maybe they've got data showing 2.1 setups are more popular? I don't know. Personally I would never buy a 5.1 or 7.1 setup as I just wouldn't know how to bloody position them without causing trip hazards and the like! 2.1 is fine for me. Sub under the desk, speakers on the desk or near it. Sorted.

7. automagsrock

automagsrock New Member

I would kill for the Z-5500s but I love my Z-5300s and will stick with them until they catch fire :p

As far as this 2.1 setup goes, I like the design of the satellites. My roommate in College had one of Logitech's 2.1 setups and it sounded great. I do agree the headphone volume is a bit off, even my 5300s have that problem.

8. Technobod

Technobod Finally bought a desktop :D

I'll probably get shot down for this but my little Creative SBS240's sound great to me, nice and defined and were only £15 'bout 6 years ago.

Tags: Add Tags