1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Logitech's income drops 70 percent

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 21 Jan 2009.

1. dylAndroid

dylAndroid is human?

Logitech will be fine, as this is about profit, not revenue. I.e. they're still turning a profit, despite millions in acquisitions.

But a massive wave of layoffs doesn't seem terribly warranted. From an accounting perspective, they'll boost their financial situation in the short term. But from an economist's perspective, they're getting rid of a major set of assets, and may be hurting themselves in the long run. Good strategic decisions are based on economics rather than accounting.

I'm guessing they're either doing this because they're worried about the reactions from their shareholders, or because they were already planning on letting a number of people go, and this climate is a good cover.

...and Fod's totally right. Quality's generally the way to go.

2. biebiep

biebiep What's a Dremel?

Héhéhé
    Gaming induced vocabulary distortions :')
    It's an economic crysis here, copyrighted by crytek ;-)

Have a G15, G5 and G25
    Loving all of it

3. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

You gotta love logitech gear. Ive had so many logitech mice, and my new G9 is the doggies nutsack! Compare and contrast with creative... a company loathed by all for their shoddy drivers, bloatware, and overpriced products. Ive never had a problem with logitech drivers..

4. knyghtryda

knyghtryda What's a Dremel?

Logitech makes some good stuff. still use my mx300 from time to time, and use a mx1000 on a daily basis. Hope they can keep it together maintain their quality.

5. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

They do buy some really cool companies, I bought a 3DConnexion SpaceNavigator for working in 3D programs (SketchUp, SolidWorks, Inventor) and I would be lost without it

6. woodshop

woodshop UnSeenly

N0000WWWWW my poor universal remote don't want to go without a father!..

7. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

I've always liked Logitech products. Currently own several mice, including the laser one I use for gaming. I have also been very pleased with their speakers I bought. I hope they make it through the storm and continue to be an independent company. Its just a hard time right now for nearly all companies.

8. mobius9

mobius9 Minimodder

Ah what the heck, just bought a G25.

Thank you logitech, for having a wonderful customer service department that knows their shizit off the top of their heads rather than in a manual. :rock:

Tags: Add Tags