1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other London couch to surf on during the Asus event?

Discussion in 'General' started by Xtrafresh, 18 Aug 2009.

1. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

Dear sweet fellow Bit-Tech-peoples!

I entererd in the Asus competition. Apparently somebody at Asus misunderstood my suggestions, because they liked them enough to invite me to their event on friday the 28th. :clap:

Obviously, i'm Dutch, so i'd like to do all this as cheap as possible. So i'll just go couchsurfing for a place to stay in London during one or two nights. I figured it would be most fun if i could stay with a member of the forum, if only just for kicks, but it'll also make for more relevant and interesting reading during the following "Blogging experience". So, without further ado, i'll just be cheeky and ask:

Can i sleep on your couch on thursday the 27th and/or friday the 28th?

Why would i want to stay the night? Technically, it's possible to leave very early at the 28th, come to the event (probably miss it due to public transport), and then rush home again (probably missing the last train some 100km away from home too), but i might as well make this into a mini-holiday and take my time to meet everyone and possibly grab a pint or two afterwards. I hate rushing things. And i love beer, that too :)

I'm very undemanding aside from the fact that it has to be accessible by public transport and inside or very near to London, as i dont have any other means of transport.
    I'm 27, male, single (-ish, just split up), and i don't smell too bad as long as i keep my shoes on. I'm willing to exchange some more info and recent mugshots in PM so you can check my perv level and such.

Please PM or email me if you are serious (despite the look of the post above, i am too).

See you then! :thumb:
    Xtra

2. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

3. Xtrafresh

sure, that's always going to be my first fallback plan, but i figured it would be more fun if i stayed with a bit-tech member :p

4. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

good luck dude, i'd put you up but i live too far away haha your one of the reasons i joined the forum with your desk modding. sorry to hear about you and your other half! glad to see you won the competition though... every cloud n all that! :)

5. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Did you get anything sorted?

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

The cheapest way for you to go to the UK would be to go as a passenger on the Hoek Van Holland - Harich Ferry, its cost me £10 before.

7. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Just looked into that and it's £26 each way.

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Still cheaper than flying. Just make sure you bring your own food as its a rip off onboard.

9. Xtrafresh

i just booked to go by bus, but that's practically door-to-door, so no extra costs. :)

No luck yet on the couchsurfing though, i'll have to stalk more people or be stranded there :lol:

10. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

How on earth did I first understood that in the way of "London bus to surf..." would have been an awesome publicity stunt for a two-floor bus to surf the Thames or something.

Time to hit the bed.

11. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer