1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Long-awaited Doom 3 hits the UK

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by GreatOldOne, 13 Aug 2004.

1. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

But you already new that, considering that you've been camped outside GAME, waiting until midnight to get your hands on some sweet, sweet DOOM III candy - because you'd never, ever download it... ;)

This from the Beeb:

The highly anticipated Doom 3 computer game goes on sale in the UK at a time of renewed concerns over the possible effects of screen violence.
    The latest instalment in the bestselling series, known for its intense action and realistic violence, comes with an 18 rating.

Developers id Software say it is the most frightening and gripping gaming experience ever created.

Its release has also been marred by widespread online piracy of the game

More here

So that's an 18 people. 18. How many people that have bought it have had their age verified?

Last edited by a moderator: 13 Aug 2004
  2. Tim S

Tim S OG

my preorder hasn't arrived yet :waah:

3. Grant

Grant New Member

Mine neither.

CD Wow website says shipping Monday.

A weekend without it :waah:

4. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

I have mine :D But then I did pick it up at Game...

5. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Nope some kid was buying it in front of me in Game.

6. crichards

crichards New Member

Just to add some balance; a kid tried to buy it in Game just after me, the guy behind the counter asked him for ID (no humour intended), he didn't have any so the guy said he couldn't sell it to him.

7. Speedo

Speedo Member

I shot up at 9am, and rushed downstairs... diving into the postbox I discovered the postman hadn't yet been! Shocked, I stared blankly into the empty postbox.. it took a few minutes for me to get myself together. Trudging into the Study I turned on my machine and got the cd tray open, just ready for the first disc.. and then I waited.. and waited..
    2 hours later the postman arrived. I pounced on him, and searched his bags for my order from play.com! Nothing would have stopped my mad thrashing of letters, nothing! but no matter how hard I looked I just could not find it. Unwillingly I let the postman go. The realisation hit me that my disc had not arrived, I was NOT going to get to play Doom3! It was going to be a long day..

My preorder didn't show either :waah:.

8. Liquid K9

Liquid K9 Human programmer.. heh

its not worth the hype. Yes, its a good game n' all, but I think its more of a proof-of-concept product than anything else really (you know, to sell the game engine). I do like the in game "reality" refering to the likes of spam and whatever (I wont spoil it by going into further detail). But truly not worth the hype, in fact if there was less hype it probably wouldnt have been pirated to thoroughly, perhaps even losing them more money than gaining.

9. lacuna

lacuna Member

u ppl shop at Game?!?!?!?!?! theyre the biggest rip off merchants on the face of the planet!! but anyway, ive got coursework to do then i'll buy it

10. kitt

kitt Michael Knight

Mine's here!!!!

just to let you know....

my preorder arrived from gameplay on friday,

oh its sooo goood.

seriously tho its cool.

hope u all get ur soon.

11. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

It's on the way to work (kinda). :p

12. -Xp-

-Xp- Member

I preordered form Game. I got it for £25, with a free Tshirt. It came at 8AM on friday morning. I was happy, even though I already had the ISO ;).

13. Mosha

Mosha New Member

I said nothing.

Last edited by a moderator: 14 Aug 2004
  14. -Xp-

-Xp- Member

Erm, actually, you can just change the CD key in the "multiplayer settings" part of the game. This is what most people did. FFS stop being so intolerant :D

15. olv

olv he's so bright

Makes me laugh, all these people that have had it pre-ordered for months and then they don't even get it on release day.

I just took a short trip to town in the automobile and nabbed myself a copy from Game for £25, w00t.

Shame it runs like **** on my pc lol.

Tags: Add Tags