1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Long Exp And Light Trails

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Ryu_ookami, 12 Oct 2021.

1. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

I've been doing a photography course and thanks to the tutor involved I've finally got my head around long exposures.

[​IMG]

stuartpb likes this.
  2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Nice one. I like the soft wave-like water shapes in your photo.

As daylight hours shorten, you can also try light trails by long exposure roads or create your own shapes.

3. Ryu_ookami

Funny enough thats what next weeks field trips about light trails.

wyx087 likes this.
  4. Ryu_ookami

So I did the Light room trip which is the final week Managed to get a good shot I've blanked out the models face as he was a fellow student and I haven't asked him about posting the image. I'd like to get one of the sticks the course instructor used but I have no idea what its called I did look up the Magilight and Pixelstick but both are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to expensive.

So I'm looking around for cheaper alternatives,.

Anyway here are a couple of images. To be honest I don't think I did to bad as a first attempt.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

stuartpb and wyx087 like this.
  5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Having looked up google image results for both, the correct response should have been 'shut up and take my money' :grin:

6. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I recently walked the Ingleton Waterfalls Trail in the Yorkshire Dales, got some long exposures of the waterfalls there. This is my favourite, it's called Thornton Force. I didn't go too mad with the exposure time as I still wanted that sense of movement in the water.

[​IMG]

Another of my favourite waterfall locations is in Grindsbrook Clough on the ascent to Kinder Scout. Ideal break spot for a cuppa on a long day hike!

[​IMG]

I've walked the Dark Peaks area of Peak District extensively. If you want to do long exposure water shots, there are loads of locations there, definitely worth the trip. Luckily I live around an hours motorbike ride from there.

samkiller42, Cheapskate and wyx087 like this.
  7. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Wowsers. Some VERY decent shots in this thread.

8. craigey1

craigey1 Minimodder

One of my work colleagues works with light & long exposures. Warning some of these are NSFW (nothing overly graphic)
    https://mcaleavy.org/

He's also working on lithophane printing with a 3d printer using 4 colour spools, but I don't think that's on the website yet.