1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Long Stretch of Digital Audio Cable?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Anator, 13 Dec 2006.

1. Anator

Anator What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

Im in the process of setting up a home cinema in my room, which will (hopefully) include an audio feed from my pc into my home cinema amp. I was hoping to also keep my PC's 4.1 speaker system running and choose between those and the home cinema. I therefore concluded that the best thing to do was run from the digital output on my Audigy 4 into the optical or coaxical inputs on the amp.

Aside from the fact I am going to have to buy a seperate I/O box that converts Creative's 3.5mm output into the standard phono or optical connectors, I am also having difficulty finding a long enough stretch (needs to be at least 10m) of either coaxial or optical cable. The most I seem to be able to find is 5m. Can anyone tell me if there is some limitation on how long these cables can be? If not where I would be able to get some cable long enough for the job?

Cheers,
    /A

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

For the coax stuff, I just used standard phono cable to extend it, worked fine.

3. Matkubicki

Matkubicki What's a Dremel?

Try Here

No idea how good the quality of it will be, but i'm sure its not the only one on Ebay if you have a better look than i did.

4. Anator

Anator What's a Dremel?

Just the sort of thing i was looking for. Cheers :thumb: