1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Look out! Here comes Isabel... :(

Discussion in 'General' started by Dad, 15 Sep 2003.

1. Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto xBurningMikex

us maryland guys should meet some day..I never knew there was this many of us here..hah.

Come on Baltimore County...always the last.

oh..and here's the best link for school closings in maryland..I always use this one all year long..(Maryland)

http://www.thewbalchannel.com/closings/

2. Hyjnx

Hyjnx What's a Dremel?

SWEETTT! but am i part of howard county public school or am i part of my own little world? BAH~!

3. Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto xBurningMikex

you're both...sheesh

edit: Baltimore already cancelled..wooooooooooo

Last edited: 17 Sep 2003
  4. Hyjnx

Hyjnx What's a Dremel?

SKIZOORRRRE! whoa its all red outside!

5. Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto xBurningMikex

holy shat..the sky looks insane..I wish I had some film..whaaaaa

6. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

Post some pics... You know, before you lose your camera :D .

I've just seen bits on the news...

7. [S]huttle

[S]huttle What's a Dremel?

Any of you guys ever been through a hurricane ? Down here in Florida we throw Hurricane parties if we have one come our way :)

8. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

I've never been through a hurricane, but I've been through extreme wind sheer - essentially a LARGE tornado flipped on its side. The winds were gusting at about 120mph, relentless lightning and sideways rain. That scared the ever living **** out of me...

You guys down in Florida are somewhat used to stuff like that though. Up here in Central NY State, we're very used to getting feet of snow overnight and blizzards. Most of the time they don't even close the schools for them and everyone is still expected to come into work ;)

9. Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto xBurningMikex

That was low. :(

oh there's bunches of parties happenin tomorrow and Friday because of this, hopefully I'll get to one.

10. Hyjnx

Hyjnx What's a Dremel?

damn it GOVT is off and im NOT...wtf! im pissed off....this may complcate getting out of the house...SHAT ON A TURTLE!

11. stewe151

stewe151 Stress Personified

I'll try to get some pics :)

12. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Anyone down in the Carolinas have a DV camera they can use to take some footage and post it here? I don't have a digital camcorder, but I do plan on taking a few snap shots with my still camera if it gets bad here. They're expecting it to be in my neck of the woods Friday between 3pm and 7pm...

EDIT:: Stewe beat me to the post :grr: :D

13. stewe151

stewe151 Stress Personified

I only have a digicam, no footage :(

If someone can get me a DV cam before 2:00 PM tomorow, I'll take vids though :p

14. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

Hurricane Floyd threatened us here a few years back and a lot of people tried to evacuate. So the highway became a parking lot. Since that fiasco, most Floridians probably don't even think about hurricanes too much anymore. We seem to have forgotten Andrew. :( But, I would say that lately (last few years) the Carolinas have had more experience than us. Seems like they all hit right there.

Oh...and as for snow....that's why I live in Florida. Keep that crap up north! In '89 it snowed here in Jacksonville and just enough stuck on the roads to make 'em ice over. They shut the entire city down for 2 days! Funniest thing I've ever seen. Bunch of rednecks sliding all over the roads. :lol: Aaaahhh.....good times.

15. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Yea, I remember Andrew... Nasty, nasty stuff. Actually, my youngest son was born not too long after that hurricane and we named him Andrew... ;)

I love the snow! Just hate driving in it and shoveling it. I couldn't imagine not having a winter that's not white and football really doesn't kick in for me untill the snow is flying, the wood stove is burning and I'm in my sweatshirt. Keep in mind that I've always lived in NY State.

---

Update:: According to The Weather Channel, the Carolina's are starting to feel the effects of the hurricane which is now about 100 miles off-shore and is a "strong category 2" with 105mph winds.

16. 486hawk

486hawk What's a Dremel?

Here is a live radar loop for this guy.
    He should start showing up on this one in a few hours...

Good luck to you guys that are in the middle of this.

17. Hyjnx

Hyjnx What's a Dremel?

Ill get pictures when boards start flying through my car windows and stuff...hah i was in karate back when andrew hit and my teacher started callin me hurricane..i dunno why just kinda stuck. Man its cold and somewhat windy now...and its not even ehre yet...should be here by like 2 ish and thats when i was gonna get some...DAMN IT...i hate this..im worried bout my car :( same with my dad and his Audi...ARG! this is freakin me out!

18. Ryuujin

Ryuujin What's a Dremel?

It's getting somewhat windy now up here, anyone doing any last minute preparations up in md or va? My parents seem to be actually doing something than complaining it's nothing big. I'm debating on whether or not if I should bring my system in the basement (fear of tornados) but then there's floods.. ah gotta love weather :sigh:

19. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Looks like from the latest visable satellite image that Isabel is just about to make landfall on the Outer Banks of N. Carolina.

[​IMG]

I'm taking tomarrow off of work so that I don't get caught in the remnents of Isabel when it gets to my area. As you can see, I've got a long way to drive to get home ;)

Good luck to everyone in the mid-atlantic states, I hope everything will be okay for you! Just remember, we want pics! :D

20. penski

penski BodMod

You could try and out run it, dude...Maybe if you had your Judge ;)

*n