1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Looking for 1080p playback advice? Follow this thread

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by djDEATH, 27 Jun 2008.

1. jezmck

jezmck Well-Known Member

Anybody done all this successfully on Linux?

2. bubsterboo

bubsterboo New Member

3. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Maybe a bit of a schoolboy question here. I removed FFDshow in the process of getting DxVA working.

I have the latest version of MPCHC and an Nvidia 9800GT. I have got DxVA working great.

Only problem is I've lost my 5.1 sound....not a happy bunny!

Any ideas? I take it it's something to do with my removal of FFDshow. I've added the AC3 Parser filter in MPCHC but it hasn't done anything...

Help!

EDIT:

Think i've fixed it by installed the external filter called AC3 Filter, as opposed to the AC3 Parser that I had before.

I have however lost my 5.1 in VLC media player though. Hm.

Last edited: 25 Jan 2009
  4. lcdguy

lcdguy New Member

or completely forget anything this thread and buy one of these :D

http://www.popcornhour.com/onlinestore/

I have the A-100. It's played every 720p/1080p file i have thrown at it. The major differences between the A-100 and A-110 Are

HDMI Revision 1.1 vs 1.3a
    Toslink Optical Audio Connection
    SATA HDD Interface instead of PATA

5. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

6. penryn 2 hertz

penryn 2 hertz I'm not a science fiction writer...

I use vlc player for all my hd needs...

7. J05H11E

J05H11E Fujitsu Technical Analyst

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I currently use VLC to play MKVs on my setup. As long as your processor supports it, the hardware acceleration introduced in the new version should sort out the stutter :)

8. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Was contemplating creating a new thread for this, but this thread seems like an equally good place for my question.

Has anyone been able to utilize hardware acceleration with MPC-HC and Sandy Bridge CPUs?

Just got around to finishing that upgrade for a friend last weekend and he's now using a Core i5 2400 on an ASRock H67M-GE motherboard with 8GB RAM and Windows 7 x64. We tried some 1080p MKVs he had lying around and while they generally played fairly smoothly there was distinct choppy playback when "key frames" were rendered.

Also, he's using Windows Media Player to view 1080p movie trailers from Apple's site. They too occasionally are choppy.

The thing is, he comes from an AthlonX2 4850e and a HD5770 card (on a 1st gen. Gigabyte 780G board), where *everything* was played smoothly. I was under the impression that the Core i5 2400 would easily be able to tackle this. Even non-hardware-accelerated.

Now, I haven't been fiddling with with his MPC-HC according to this thread, but perhaps there are some ideas specifically in regard to the Core i5 2400 I could try out when I next head over to his place (probably in the coming weekend). As always, thanks in advance!

9. djDEATH

djDEATH Habari gani?

just got a sandy bridge laptop myself and wondering the same thing, thought I'd update this thread with my findings.

Been a long time since I started this thread, and things do seem to have moved along since then. MPC-HC now does acceleration out of the box for me.

I have an Inspiron N5110 with sandy bridge i3-2310m and also the Nvidia GT525 dedicated, and I get acceleration from whichever I specify to run the application (using nvidia control panel to spcify which gpu runs each program). MPC-HC v1.5 (sourceforge)

10. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Back in february when I posted my question hardware decoding using Sandy Bridge was apparently not supported in MPC-HC. My friend switched (back) to PowerDVD, which *did* support hardware decoding. I haven't really checked back on MPC-HC since, so I don't know if they've updated it in the mean time. Also, my friend has moved house in the mean time and is in the progress of restoring the building and the PC has been in storage for the last several months (he's got a laptop to check mail on, but that's that).

Tags: