1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Looking for a fun CoOp game

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kalcifer, 29 Nov 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kalcifer

Kalcifer If you want change, start with yourself.

My friend and I played wow up until recently, we were pretty good and were in a top guild on our server, but as we progressed, in order to keep playing new content we had to be spending a HUGE amount of time on this game, these sessions lasted hours consisted of up to 25 people all logging in at a specific time.
    We eventually gave up; it was using up too much time.

We really like the progression (levelling) concept of wow and items etc
    We also like that type of fantasy RPG.

Maybe someone out there could help

We are looking for a lightweight WoW type game, which is PC based and can be played online.
    We really need to be able to pick it up as a 2 player game, without a huge dependency of lots players to complete large amount of the games content.
    The sort of thing we were hoping for was like a multi player Dragon Age Origins

We’d like to consider other games (fps etc), currently we both play CSS but the repetitiveness is getting wearing.

Sry wrong forum, I have moved this to the gaming forum.

Last edited: 29 Nov 2009
  2. Rotcrack

Rotcrack Food Maestro.

Half-Life 2: Deathmatch is an awesome game but a little outdated. It has a thriving mod community with thousands of maps from Coop maps to all-out bloodthirsty gore. You need steam, but that shouldn't be a problem for anyone who has bought any recent games. It is free fromthis website if you want to download it and try it.

3. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

borderlands

4. PQuiff

PQuiff New Member

OldSchool....Sven Co-op...best co op ever.

Others...
    L4d
    Natural Selection (one of my faves)

5. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

for MMO try FFXI. i play with my friend and lvling and doing quests usually only relies on 2-6 people or even solo for much of the games content. some stuff is like 18 man but thats about as big as it gets and isnt complusary.

for Co-op FPS style borderlands is a good choice but isnt gunna take long but would be a blast.

what about a strategy game where you can play against AI or randoms online.

MW2 ? - i know people will bite my head off for this but its a good game despite its flaws. Large clan type play is next to impossible but small groups of friends 2-4 is doable and has worked well for me. i sometimes get a laggy game but id say around 80% are lag free (and yes ive done the edit config to see my true ping).

dawn of WAr II has a Co-op style campaign and multiplayer is pretty fun, although i got bored after while.

6. wormy

wormy Member

Try Guild Wars.

That was where I started and have recently got into WoW (which I enjoy too). There's not so much post-game content in GW but it's generally much more manageable and there's much less grind needed.

It's also subscription-less so pick up a copy cheap and, if you don't like it, not much lost. GW2 won't be out by the looks of it until 2011 so you have a good year or more of this to hopefully enjoy.

7. Eggy

Eggy Member

Guild Wars is a good MORPG game without subscription model. In the cities it is much like a regular MMORPG, with all the players in one location. Outside the cities it's just your party (up to 8 people) and no other players except of course for PvP.

Guild Wars Trilogy is currently available on Steam for a very low price. Better be quick though because the offer ends at 16.00 GMT today.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/29620/

8. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.