1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a good 17" TFT

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Conrad, 25 Apr 2005.

1. Conrad

Conrad What's a Dremel?

I'm building a pc for a mate but as i'm still a crt fan i dont know what tft to choose for him. It doesnt have to be anything uber fast as he is not a fps fan, he's more in to age of empires/rome total war type games but still wants something reasonable should he decide to play the odd fps. It's more important that the monitor has a good viewing angle and colour reproduction over speed, so what do you peeps reccomend for under 200 sobs?

2. Wavefront

Wavefront Minimodder

This gets my vote

http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=16900

i looks grate (a lot better than the photo) its got a grate responce time for the price and the screen image its a1 i dont think youll find a 17inc for less then £140 with the same spec iv brought 3 for myself and 2 for my parents so you can see what i think of it, its also got 3yrs onsite

Cheers Ben

PS: all the tft monitors are made by 3 companys so whatever you get the Qu will be much the same

3. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

I recomend taking a look at LG, Samsung and Ilyama they all make great 17" screens for under £200. Check Savastore and Microdirect as they are normally have deals on as well.

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I just bought an Iiyama Prolite E435S (17", 10ms response) and it's great :thumb:

5. nick01

nick01 What's a Dremel?

If it is available in your area look at http://www.xerox-displays.com/XGseries.html. Room lighting will need adjustment because it tends to glare, but it is just one flat, sturdy front surface with no holes etc. Easy clean and looks great (not just me saying that).

6. kayone

kayone Minimodder

For a bit more, if you can afford the stretch, definatley the Samsung 172x, absolutley excellent TFT in every way.

7. Conrad

Conrad What's a Dremel?

cheers for the input gents but to save more space and stop his missus from moaning he's plumped out for a laptop instead. A64 3400, 512Mb ram, Ati 9700, dual layer dvd writer and a widescreen display, fairly nice bit of kit.