1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Looking for opinions on ASRock Z77 Pro4-M

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BorgmanJayce, 18 Feb 2013.

1. BorgmanJayce

BorgmanJayce What's a Dremel?

I'm hoping to start buying the parts next week for my HTPC project Link to thread with specs for HTPC and in the past few days I've been thinking about where I can save money in certain areas, especially where the motherboard is concerned as £200+ is a lot for a motherboard considering the biggest outlay after that is for a 4TB hard drive.

I was checking out some other motherboards and I came across the ASRock Z77 Pro4-M.

From reading various reviews, it seems to be what I'm looking for in a motherboard even though it has less SATA III ports than what I was originally looking for.

In the meantime, I was wondering what any of the other members think of this motherboard, especially when paired with the ASUS GeForce GTX 650 Ti graphics card (The HTPC is also going to be used for playing things like emulated games as well as Asian MMO's like Phantasy Star Online 2 and Ragnarok Online 2 plus HD video so I'm not in the market for a flashy graphics card)