1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Looking for Reliable Speech Recognition Software

Discussion in 'Software' started by Promethus, 17 Aug 2011.

1. Promethus

Promethus Member

I am looking for software that is able to take what I say into a microphone and turn it into text on the computer reliably. I have a lot of reports to write as part of my training for work and I would like to be able to write them faster and be able to do two things at once. Previously I have tried Windows own built in application a couple of years ago; but after several hours of training, it still proved unreliable. I have also tried some IBM software years ago but that was completely useless.

I have seen suggestions of using Dragon Naturally Speaking, but does anyone have any experience of the recent versions, is it reliable, accurate, quick and easy to use?

To summarise: I am looking for software that will turn speech into text, does not require hours of training, accurate and is reliable.

Any suggestions or comments would be welcome. Thanks

2. sparkyboy22

sparkyboy22 Web Tinkerer

I have used the last couple of versions of dragon and they are v v good.

I havent heard of any other program that works as well.

3. Cleggmeister

Cleggmeister Of reasonable knowledge...

4. Promethus

Promethus Member

Thanks for the responses guys, I have decided to give Dragon a go, and have ordered a copy, should arrive next week. Thanks again