1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Looking for something used on WMD...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by m0ng0lh0rde, 20 Oct 2005.

1. m0ng0lh0rde

m0ng0lh0rde What's a Dremel?

Namely, the "armor rings" I've tried Google, and found nothing but either jewlery, or "make your own medeival armor" stuff...

These things (shamelessly pointing to the WMD article pg8!):
    [​IMG]

These would be perfect for what I'm trying to do with my case (someday)
    I looked at "cup washers" and "tapered cup washers" for socket head cap bolts, and all the ones I've found are either only in small sizes (M3 or less), or seem to be available only in the UK (making shipping and handling prohibitive for my budget)

If I had access to a machine shop, I'd consider trying to turn something like these on a lathe and drill press...
    Unfortunately, probably the only relation of my or my wifes who would have access to a machine shop is in Hawaii (Marine Corp), and it would cost more for me to go out there, than to order form the UK.... :sigh:

Any help (even better, US suppliers!!) would be appreciated.

Otherwise, I'm going to go with plain socket caps, in chrome (boltdepot has them for ~$15/10 in 1/4x20), and then hit them with Duplicolor Metalcast red...

2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Try asking Google about tamperproof fasteners?

3. MiLwOrkZ

MiLwOrkZ What's a Dremel?

i am pretty sure he manufactured them himself! actually i think i am possitive he made them! so ask him in the wmd discussion!

4. Arkuden

Arkuden mow?

yup it should say in the log that he pretty much did that himself but you may be able to obtain where he got the base of it for so that you may be able to alter it to fit your needs as he did. As MiLwOrkZ said... check the discussion for the project.

5. Silver Dream Racer

Silver Dream Racer What's a Dremel?

No no he purchased the Armor rings but had to mod them to fit in the bolts he was using!

6. Silver Dream Racer

Silver Dream Racer What's a Dremel?