1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Looking to build a budget PC for Minecraft

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Maximilian, 2 Dec 2014.

1. Maximilian

Maximilian WC Virgin

Looking to build a small, cheap PC to mainly play Minecraft, with various mods, nothing too taxing..

Its for a 9 year old girl.. she loves Minecraft!

I'm a bit out of the game when it comes to the lower end hardware these days..

Budget around £300 would be nice, dont need monitor, keyboard, mouse or anything..

WIFI would really help, probably Micro ATX, also like the idea of the Bitfenix Prodigy which does eat up £65 of the budget

I guess what I can't decide is should I go with an intel CPU and a seperate graphics card, maybe the G3258 anniversary.. or do I go with one of those AMD APUs... which has the better bang for buck at this low budget level?

Any recommended Mobos?

Thanks in advance for any advice you may be able to give!

2. johnim40

johnim40 Minimodder

I just built a cheap gaming machine for a mates 2 daughters using a g540 duel core celeron and a 460gtx and minecraft its on it so any thing that old will do

http://www.box.co.uk/Product/Id/1713037

Last edited: 2 Dec 2014
  3. Maximilian

Maximilian WC Virgin

That PC actually looks pretty decent if I stick a card in there, probably go with an AMD R7 250X to come in under £300, thanks for the link!

If I build myself.. I was thinking of almost exactly the same components, but probably save money on the Mobo with a £40 H81, and spend it on a better case and Corsair PSU.

After all, a nice colourful case like the Prodigy is probably the highest priority for a 9 year old right..?!

4. johnim40

johnim40 Minimodder

5. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

If I'm building for someone else I usually pick 5 or so cases around the right price range that I'd be happy working in and show them to the person I'm building for and let them pick. Aesthetics are pretty personal and it might help get the little girl in question interested in building a computer. Then let her watch and help when you build it and before you know it we'll have a new Bit-Techer in the making! :)