1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Lord of the Rings Online for Xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 14 May 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

I still feel MMO makers should give the game away if they are going to charge a fee monthly. This is the main reason I don't play MMOs (Guild Wars I played for some time though).

The only console MMO to really make it is FFXI and the FF name is the main reason. I feel a micro transaction model without the monthly fee would be their best bet for success.

3. Nictron

Nictron Minimodder

4. Jojii

Jojii hardware freak

I think a subscription model makes sense on the ps3 where the online is free but the problem with the 360 is you’re already paying 50 a month to get online. The only way this would be acceptable is if the game itself was free. With no initial purchase price it would be very temping to sign up for monthly subscription payments. This is a pipe dream but one can always hope.

5. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Don't tempt me, Turbine...

At any rate, I'm possessed of a 360, and a year's sub to LOTRO, and I must say-IF YOU MAKE ME SPEND MORE, I WILL HAVE SPENT MORE THAN MY WIFE SAYS IS OK. I CANNOT GET AWAY WITH THAT.

Thanks for listening, Turbine.

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Nothing?

Milking the cow, are we?

7. b5k

b5k What's a Dremel?

With LOTRO you can download all the game files for free, but you have to buy a subscription. I thought it easier to buy my friends DVD's and account for £5. Tank hobbits are funny.

8. TimB

TimB What's a Dremel?

One of the LOTRO developers posted this on the official forums in reply to this:

"*Grabs the E-Brake*

Not so fast! Our market research team asks a lot of questions via surveys. While it’s kind of fun to guess about what this surveys mean, the content of the survey doesn’t reflect our actual plans. Survey information gets fed into the big old planning machine here and helps inform future decisions on any number of subjects.

Will there ever be a version of LOTRO for the console?
    Magic eight ball says: Future Hazy."

Tags: Add Tags