1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Season 2 (obviously, possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-16, 21 Sep 2005.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Jack's actor.. Ethan something?? Got paid a one off fee "for playing a pivital role" or something and also signed him up for another season, which, was unfortunate. But you need Jack as the moral high ground otherwise Locke and Sayid will just go round stringing people up. I do agree though, everyone else can go apart from those you mentioned, maybe Saywer can stay as long as we dont see anymore backstory. Oh, and definately Walt, Michael and Danielle. The rest can go juggle dynamite.

I enjoyed the ep. Something was definately powering UP though, because the sound pitch got HIGHER until Locke hit the numbers in, then the pitch lowered.

2. FredsFriend

FredsFriend What's a Dremel?

Definately somethig powering up, anyone notice kates mom in the previous episode, where sayer was in the diner?

3. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Aye, I've been told the translation is actually
    Death is coming
    :clap:

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

NO WAY! :eeek:

5. FredsFriend

Yeh look back, where Saywer is telling the guy that he doesn't want to rip off that girl and then tries to walk off, the woman in the background is kates mom

6. PHILIP1193

PHILIP1193 a Self Confessed HP Server Lover!!

Is it me or has lost got some messed up airing times, well dates to b more presise been looking when the next epiosode air's episode 15 airs march 1'st, then episode 16 airs 5th april and episode 17 airs april 12th why the month gap between ep's 15 and 16 and a random 2 week gap between ep 14 and 15. But then there is a 1 week gap between ep 16 and 17? Who ever decides the dates is on crack and must litterally pick dates by throwing darts blind lol

Any1 else agree or is there a rational explination for random dates

phil

7. quack

quack Minimodder

I think the Winter Olympics are getting in the way this week, I can't explain all the other instances of Lost being moved around. I really hate the way TV stations push all the best shows out the way to fit in stupid sporting events and other crap no one really wants to watch.

BBC2 I'm looking at you... who wants to see snooker, darts, tiddly winks etc. instead of Top Gear on a Sunday evening?

8. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

i had thought that since there was some sort of electro magnetic field ( shown when the key on jacks neck is attracted to the wall ) then something must continiously be running to provide this - Perhaps the noise was this powering down and stopping the field?
    Unless this magnetic field is a natural occurence.

Just a theory of my own but im not a great expert :)

9. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

There's no point trying to guess what the powering noise was, chances are even the writers don't know. No doubt come the season finale they'll try and shoehorn something in...

10. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

I think he was being sarcy

11. FredsFriend

Something that a few mates and i have been talking about IRL is how many seasons we think that lost will go on for. I don't think that they will finish it off this season, there are too many seperate threads to close it properly in the time remaining. Hopefully they will finish at 3 and not just keep chugging out season after season untill its canceled.

12. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

Anyone seen ep 15 yet.

Actually answers a few questions.

Like where Claire went and what happened to her after Ethan stole her and Charlie.

Some good bits with Locke as well

Woo

13. Dgephri

Dgephri What's a Dremel?

yeah, IMO ep15 was a pretty good one. Certainly clears up a number of things, and sheds light on more than just one female castmember.

I wonder: it looked a little more "run down" than just 3-4 months ago.

14. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

If I recall, they've only been on the island a little over a month. Claire had her baby a couple weeks in (in the show's time), which leads me to believe that
    the new hatch was would have been abandoned no more than a couple weeks ago. Personally, I think that the new hatch hasn't been abandoned yet, since Kate found the prosthetics and costumes. In the show's time, Lock, Jack, Sawyer and company met the bearded guy no more than a week ago. In Claire's flashback, I think the guy Ethan was talking to was the bearded guy (without his costume). It's all getting very confusing.

I think the show's creators have said that they plan to take the show to 5 seasons. They did not want people to start thinking that the Lost folks were on some kind of Gilligan's Island. In their opinion, 5 seasons is just long enough before the premise starts to get a little convoluted.

-monkey

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Rx1 on the bottle stands for a treatment that is to be administered by injection. Porting it into google it talks about how only qualified doctors, not those of "oriental medicine" (herbal shops) can administer injections stated by Rx1.

CR-4-8151623-42 is not only based on the numbers but then ripped from another forum:

Paxil, Paxil CR

DRUG CLASS AND MECHANISM: Paroxetine is an anti-depressant drug that affects the chemicals that nerves in the brain use to communicate with one another. These chemical messengers, called neurotransmitters, are released by one nerve and taken up by other nerves. Neurotransmitters that are released but not taken up by other nerves are taken up by the nerves that release them ("reuptake"). Many experts believe that it is an imbalance among the amounts of the different neurotransmitters that are released that causes depression (http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=342). Paroxetine works by inhibiting the reuptake of serotonin by the nerves that release it, an action which allows more serotonin to be available to be taken up by other nerves. Paroxetine is in a class of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), a class that also contains fluoxetine (http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=818) (Prozac) and sertraline (http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=865) (Zoloft).

http://www.medicinenet.com/paroxetine/article.htm

So basically I still think there is no virus/infection but he was using it as an excuse to drug her?? I dont know, how else did he keep her lucid?

16. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Whoa. So the drug Ethan was injecting into Claire was Paxil? I didn't think Paxil was available in liquid form. I was on Paxil several years ago, and in the limited research I did I only ever saw it in pill form.

-monkey

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Basically I think it's more effective given directly. Most drugs in pill form are acutally what's called "pro-drugs" where the bodys digestive enzymes will "eat" the "pro" part to then release the drug when after it's been digested. Whilst the west are pill poppers, the Japanese apparently prefer having injections for everything instead, it's a cultural thing. And the "CR" has been suggested to mean "Clinical Research" which further emphasises the whole thing is a research station(s).

18. RTT

RTT #parp

Ep 15 was muchly needed after the last few... :D

19. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

Just another months wait now :sigh:

20. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

Next Episode:
    Wednesday, March 8 at 9/8c
    "Whatever the Case May Be"