1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Season 2 (obviously, possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-16, 21 Sep 2005.

1. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

Phoor, just as me and my housemates were saying we needed an island mystery episode to get our interests back :D!!

http://lost.cubit.net/pics/2x17/blastDoorMap.jpg for anyone thats not seen it, its pretty detailed copy of the map on the blast door

2. Captain Slug

Captain Slug Infinite Patience

The latin spelling on the post above is far more correct.

Last edited: 31 Mar 2006
  3. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

What a great Ep (18). I didn't see the twist at the end coming at all.

4. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I'm not too crazy about last night's episode. It was entirely too predictable. As soon as the psychologist took out the camera I looked at my wife and said, "Dave's not real." We didn't really learn anything new about Hurley, at least nothing that we couldn't already guess.

Also, When the tail section folks first arrived, and Hurley told Libby that she looked familiar, my wife and I both knew that he recognized her from the hospital. We didn't know if she was staff or patient, but I figured that she was a patient because I just couldn't understand how a clinical psychologist wouldn't be doing anything at all to help out on the island, especially given all the traumatic events that seem to be happening. If I had just found a random guy in the woods, the fist person I want asking questions is the clinical psychologist, not the torturer or the bad cop.

Basically, it took the entire episode to officially reveal that Libby was a patient. Maybe cool stuff will happen next week.

Just my 2 cents on episode 18.
    -monkey

5. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

Not sure if this is mentioned else where in the thread, (spoilers scare me!) season 2 starts in the UK on May 2nd at 10PM w00t!

'doc

6. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Mudkips.

was alright, not a hurley fan but glad to hear a little bit more about "the others"

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Loved 18. It plays out so many more questions. I liked the twist at the end, I had played through a number of things in my mind though:

Combined hallucinations? Or, halluciniations of hallucinations? Afterall he said everything had been far too related to the hospital: numbers etc. But then it could just be the numbers and the island if she is there as well.
    I like Hurleys' story!
    Also, the others, at least we know a little more about them and that he's definately one of them.

8. quack

quack Minimodder

It went all Fight Club vs Life On Mars

9. Ab$olut

Ab$olut What's a Dremel?

just watched 18 and what a twisted one it was...

It would really disappoint me if the island wasn't real though later on maybe they both did get better and get out the hospital and it becomes one of those conisidences

10. Shepps

Thought this weeks was really good.

so the bearded man is no one, and the hatch is just some kind of joke? Would be cool if our idea of the island is just a slice of what its yet to reveal. So what was 'henry' actually doing when he got caught, how many other others are there? If the bearded man is no one then who are the people above him?

More questions, dam you lost, dam you!!!!

11. -:: M@ ::-

-:: M@ ::- Testify!

yeah, another episode of answering a question with another question... :( When are they going to point out something definitive...and actually explain where the hell the polar bear came from..

- Matt

12. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

I know what you mean. It was all well and good in the first season when everything was fresh and new, but FFS we're at the end of the second season, the writers need to start committing to things. Only 4 episodes left. :eeek:

As for the polar bear, it was defiantly a manifestation of the comic book Walt was reading. Remember Walt is not 'normal', in the flashbacks there was defiantly something eerie to him and his step-dad wanted nothing to do with him. There is a reason the 'others' wanted him so desperately, personally I think Walt has a *lot* of control over the Island whether he knows it or not.

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Well, duh, that's how they're gonna string it out for 5 seasons.

14. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

the blast door map indicates there is a zoological reserach facility, which is probably where both the polar bear and the horse came from.

15. Accs

Accs What's a Dremel?

A question here

Does claire, the french woman, or kate tell jack or any other of the survivors about what they've found in the place that has the staff of hermes inside the darma symbol :confused: ????

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

They havent yet, it seems.

17. FredsFriend

FredsFriend What's a Dremel?

Which is sort of weird it seems to be a bit of a dead end at the mo, i would definately want to have a proper look around the place to see if there is anything usefull there. Plus i still don't get the whole randomness of it being trashed in the few weeks it was abandoned.

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I know. I would have gone back with more people and some guns to have a look and explore. They dont seem inclined to explore the facility at all, just "exist" within it.

19. FredsFriend

FredsFriend What's a Dremel?

Also what's happened to this whole jack's army thing? He had a bit of a falling out with Anna Lucia, and asside from a few mild references to it nothing has been said or as far as i can see done. And now Locke has seen that map and yet not said anything about it to anyone Arrrgh. The only reason i can see for this is to slow the plot down so that less gets seen each series.
    Oh BTW anyone know when the next one is, or have a handy link to a schedule?

20. Shepps

This wednesday :) http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/