1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks lost WEP, where can i find it?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by exavier412, 22 Oct 2005.

1. exavier412

exavier412 New Member

hi, i was trying to get another computer on my wireless network, but i seem to have misplaced the paper where my WEP code was found. is there anywhere i can look on a computer that has the code to try and find it? its just dots in windows networking, so i cant see it there. could it be hidden in the registry or something? or is there some program that can get it out?

2. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

I'm not entirely sure if this will work, but go into the Wireless Network dialog box and go to the properties for the specific wireless network you want to connect to. It should have your network key in the password box and you might be able to copy that and use it with the computer you want to add to the network.

3. TMM

TMM Modder

If pretty sure it's there as asterisks and it just enteres asterisks into the box you copy and paste them in to :p

WEP is pretty easy to hack though.... you just need to read up a little and have some spare time. but i won't say any more since its probably against this forums rules.

4. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Well usually you can't c&p password boxes. :p

And it would probably be easier to go get the pass again rather than crack it (as it usually takes a while).

5. TMM

TMM Modder

lol true that!

6. Starbuck3733T

Starbuck3733T Look out sugar, here it comes

You need about 5 hours of traffic and a dump. Ethereal and weplab on windows should do it. These aren't hacking tools, exclusively, they're also security strength tests for those of us who do infosec as a job or part of a job.

7. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Well-Known Member

Why not connect to the router and copy it from the security settings?

I.E. type its IP into mozilla, log in and go to the security tab, it should be sitting right there.

(Real men memorise their WEP keys :naughty: )

8. westeee

westeee New Member

theres a program that comes with aircrack called wzcook, it will be able to read the key from windows, it might not be able to read the key if you used the app that came with your wireless card.

9. CaseyBlackburn

CaseyBlackburn Network Techie

I guess I'm a real man. Mine is 9********* whoa what the crap am I doing.... :duh:

Tags: