1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows LOUD music QUIET voices :(

Discussion in 'Software' started by mikey, 10 Jul 2004.

1. mikey

mikey New Member

hey...

Duno if this the rite section..but cant see a betta match one :(

anywayz...

THE PROBLEM: Whenever i play anything on my PC (eg dvd) the music is always loud but the voices r quiet :(....so when i turn the hifi up to hear the voices when the music or soundFX happens i go deaf!!! :( :( i have made sure any equalizers are off and that the volume levels on pc r fine...so any ideas :( ??

thanks

2. Bruno_me

Bruno_me Fake-ad‎min

what kind of speaker arrangement are you using (2.1, 5.1, 7.2, ect...)?

3. mikey

mikey New Member

pc is jus plugged into my hifi (phono cables) and the hifi has 4 speakers not surround sound or doubly..jus 4 good quality speakers

4. Bruno_me

Bruno_me Fake-ad‎min

does the reciever do any for of surround?

edit: what software are you using to play it?

5. [cibyr]

[cibyr] Sometimes posts here

I don't know if this will help you but I have noticed many playing many dvds on my computer that often the voices are only on the centre channel, so with 4 other channels they are prone to getting swamped out.

6. Hephaistus

Hephaistus New Member

I have the same problem you have, only i have it when i'm playing some mp3's( probabley also with playing dvd's, but i don't know because i don't watch them on pc)
    When pull the jacket(don't know if this is the correct word(the end of the cable that you put in the holes at the back of your pc)) a bit out of the pc the voices or lot louder and the music is silent.So then it's the opposite problem.
    And i still didn't figure it out why??? :confused: :wallbash:

7. mikey

mikey New Member

nope no surroundsound and i use windows media player or PowerDVD

interesting about the jack m8...will give it a try ..altho as u say its the opposite problem then :(

thanz

8. friskies

friskies New Member

Make 100% sure you turn off ALL effects/surround/eax stuff on your computer. Loud music, but quiet voices? Could be that karaoke-function which tries to remove the vocals

9. Darv

Darv Bling!!

If I try to watch a DVD on my computer I can barely hear the voices and so turn it up and get deafened. What I do is turn the treble up to full. Makes it easier to hear the voices.

10. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

make sure the souds options in the control panel is set to desktop stereo speakers.

make sure the audio options in powerdvd are set to 2 speakers, and the environment is set to normal. also check and make sure headphone support is not turned on.

that should fix it. sounds like your trying to output 5.1 data to a 2.1 setup, and the dialog is just getting lost.

11. LoopyJuice

LoopyJuice Astronomical

Sounds very much like you have your sound outputting in 5.1 and you are not getting the centre channel as you have no centre speaker, when you pull the jack out of the back of the pc you make contact with the 2nd channel of the jack (tip) and the other chanel of the socket which is usually transmitting down the other channel of the jack, meaning suddenly the centre signal goes down the opposite channel of the cable, and one of the surround channels is lost, so you get voice but lose background, look through Windows audio settings, set those to stereo speakers, if you have any soundcard software set that to stereo and if you are using powerdvd etc set the output to stereo. That should give you a starting point, not sure what it will make of 4 speakers but you should definately get 2 working.

Tags: