1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding love/hate Lian Li V1000

Discussion in 'Modding' started by modsquad, 19 Jun 2004.

1. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

2. Phire

Phire Performance-PCs.com

Yea they are ok :worried:

I think there could have been some other way to support the chassis other than the extended card holders, as the brace blocks a good bit of the view :grr:

On a side note, we just had a few windows cut for them, and they came out pretty nice. Not trying to advertise though!

3. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

I would love to get my hands on a V2000.... mmmmmmm

4. ErrOnReq

ErrOnReq New Member

Personally, I like them. I don't care if they are a "rip-off" of the G5 cases or whatever. A good design (or style) is a good design (... or style...) and it is high quality as well.

5. Chrizzle

Chrizzle New Member

I'm personally not a fan. I think the only reason that the mesh on the front of the G5 case worked aesthetically was because it took up the whole case. The Lian Li's front has a bunch of 5.25" bays across it though, which really detracts from the overall look. I've never actually seen one of these up close, though, so I can't comment on durability and stability.

~Chrizzle

6. modsquad

I agree, I like this case ALOT ( the B black version). I see red cold cathode light pouring out of all those perforated holes on the front panel in my dreams/nightmares.
    MS
    my_machine
    http://server5.uploadit.org/files/jeffrey9-bluemonday.jpg

7. daba

daba New Member

I got a LianLi v1000b (unfortunately it was crushed by the USPS, new one coming in Monday) and when I inspected it, it was very light and sturdy. The paint job and finish are excellent! I LOVE IT...sadly I had to send it back the same day an hour later.

I would wholeheartedly recommend it. I'm debating what to drill a hole in the side for a 120 and maybe a 92 or another 120 up top for blowhole.

Edit: The v1000 and the v2000 do make your temps heat up though. but the V2000 has plenty of room to work with (my friend got one); perfect for a watercooled setup.

8. modsquad

PAINT JOB, there should be NO paint. it is aluminum case>>>>>>>>>>>>

9. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

not to offend modsquad but tbh i too am tired of your case mod, everywhere you go you seem to be able to post a link to it! I'm not saying its a bad thing, i mean itsa great case mod just i think its publisised more than it is needed to.
    The v1000 is a very nice case indeed, a little different and would take a while to get used to.

10. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

I think we can just chalk that up to modders pride :rolleyes: :D

I love the new LL case, I saw one at CTS back whenever the hell that was and it was lovely. Perforated sheet metal is the new anodised aluminium ;) (even though it probably /is/ anodised aluminium... you might get what I'm saying...).

I also saw another case very much like it, complete with the G5-esque handles. I've not seen it since though... I'm rather surprised more "clones" haven't come out already, I guess time will tell and I'm sure more G5-like cases will surface.

11. modsquad

If you look, just about everyone who has a cool case (I think my case is cool) adds a link for a picture of it. If you do not want to see it, don't click on the link. I do not have the power to move your mouse over the link and open the picture and the pictures are not in the body of my posts. SO if you do not want to see my case, don't click the link dude.
    DO NOT CLICK LINK BELOW>>>>>>
    http://server5.uploadit.org/files/jeffrey9-blue01.jpg

12. robotguy9000

robotguy9000 New Member

i love it. looks like the uber-sexay g5

13. modsquad

I agree. I am very close to purchasing one and starting a new project. It is not cheap, about $200US. I like the Black version, I see Red leds/Cold cathode and a red Martix Orbital display. BUT if you read the reviews and look at the pictures, you can see aluminum (silver) through the holes in the front panel (not cool), that would need to be painted.
    MS

14. robotguy9000

robotguy9000 New Member

yeah, good luck painting alluminum tho, What the silver one needs is blue lighting

even better,

the black one with red lighting :rock:

15. modsquad

I have never had a Black case, so the V1000B is it. If you can't paint it then get the Dremel out and start cutting. There is no front (removable panel) on that case, so it may not be that EZ.
    O Man, I did not post a link for a case picture last time (shame on me).
    http://server6.uploadit.org/files/jeffrey9-mbside.jpg

16. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Same here. My 6077b is literally going to have about 1mm total clearance for a radiator once I get my watercooling... way too cramped! The v2000 just looks so tasty and so much more spacious. Like... not have 0 room for error for rad mounting and have to move my audigy2 interal driveto the bottom drive bay just so there would be enough space to squeeze in the pump. I just don't know what I'd do with my current case if I got one. Probably put it inside the v2000... it might just fit!

ack... now you're making me think about it seriously. Curses to you. The extra room is just calling for me... I could get a black ice xtreme 2 rad instead of just the BIX and still have room for two heavy duty case handles. and my crystalfontz LCD would actually face me. The thought of cutting through 2mm thick side panels for a window is killing my dremel though... I'd have to break out the jigsaw and some mega molding.

I hate thinking. especially at 5am when I should be sleeping... as I woke up at 2pm yesterday my sleeping pattern is already messed for the summer. and even more when it makes me consider spending almost $300 more! :waah: :waah: :waah:

17. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

You know what modsquad i dunno why the hell i posted it, you seem like a nice guy and your right your case is cool, maybe i was just trying to grasp the self-consiousness of my inability to not press links.
    I was lucky not to click the link you posted then, but when i scrolled down while typing this reply, sure as hell i clicked it. So theres my problem, clicking links. Maybe i should start a self support group..

18. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

but at the same time most people just put a simple link in their sig instead of srawing their attention to their projects left and right.

19. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

ok stop it now.

20. Predalien

Predalien Member

That cases are amazing... but I'm planing my first mod, and... I don't see them an option for that. My choice is by far the PC-62. I think the PC-70 is too big, I can make what I want into the PC-60 with those extra 10cm of the PC-62