1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Low profile PCIE GFX card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Behemoth, 4 Aug 2016.

1. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Until I'm able to get my main gaming rig out of storage when I moved (en trusted my father to look after it for me) I've been using my media PC as my every day machine when I'm not using my laptop. I tried playing a game of Dirt 2 on it the other day, and the 512 meg Radeon 5450 really doesn't cut the mustard.

Am on the look out for a recommendation for a decent low profile card, from memory I think I have a 500 watt decent mITX power supply in the system.

2. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Behemoth likes this.
  3. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Thanks mate, think I might see about getting the MSI one :)

4. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

The fastest low-profile card I am aware of is the Galax Geforce GTX 950 Low Profile (which is also single-slot), quite a bit faster than the 750Ti. The downside is it has only seen general distribution in Japan, so importing one will not be cheap.

5. PocketDemon

PocketDemon What's a Dremel?

The Galaxy cards are released under the KFA2 brand in Europe - & the model is generally listed "KFA2 GTX950 OC 2GB Low Profile" // "KFA2 GEFORCE GTX 950 OC LP"

i can't immediately see it for sale in the UK, but it can be imported from Germany - https://skinflint.co.uk/kfa-geforce...k&hloc=at&hloc=de&hloc=pl&hloc=uk&hloc=eu&v=e

i've owned a couple of KFA2 cards - a single slot 460 going way back & am currently using a low profile 750Ti in the HP G8 Microserver that i picked up new for £76 - & have had no issues.

6. Sizzor

Sizzor What's a Dremel?

The best for the price will be the new RX 460 or the gtx 950 will be the best option for you. This are currently the best bang for the buck cards .

7. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

If you are going to post links then please do so without referral links hidden in them thanks.

8. davvy76

davvy76 Minimodder

Unfortunately it's not single slot either :miffed: