1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Lugging the PC to uni?

Discussion in 'General' started by louist44, 16 Dec 2011.

1. louist44

louist44 New Member

Still have ages till I get my grades but its nice to plan ahead right?

So I'm hopefully going to be going on to a 3D Animation course, I've currently got a decent gaming rig but am just worried about having to carry it back and forth during breaks on a 2 hour train ride when I go home. Its a Fractal R3 with a 22inch monitor so there will not be much room in my case for anything else...

The other option would be to leave my desktop :waah: and get a desktop replacement if I can afford it...

Just wondering what people did / currently doing with their rig :)

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Decide how secure your house is and how long your breaks are.

I generally left my PC at uni and took back a laptop for the odd week at home. Summer I blagged a lift cause everything needed to go back. If you need the PC, you don't go home - simple as! ;)

3. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

This.

4. Brett89

Brett89 Active Member

When I lived in residence, I brought my desktop to the dorms. Had a cheap laptop to use the internet and not much else. Worked great for me. I left my desktop in my apt. this summer while I returned home, and just brought my laptop, albeit that laptop is not a slouch. And then proceeded to buy another. if it's secure, i'd just leave it.

5. buchanan0204

buchanan0204 New Member

Perhaps ask around to see if anyone else is going back home via your way or close. Put up a notice perhaps.... offering to pay half the petrol. Stick the PC in the boot!

Failing that... Buy cheap second hand parts and there you have it.

6. pyro1son

pyro1son Linux User!

I have mine at uni and the accommodation is secure so I leave it there and only take it back during summer term as room has to be cleared out. Just take my laptop when I go home (Christmas and Easter) and I've got my other desktop at home anyway. I'm defiantly not lugging my main desktop 290 miles!