1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M³ Car PC *18.8.04 - Case Update Online!*

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Der Me!$ter, 1 Jan 2004.

1. UnknownSouljer

UnknownSouljer What's a Dremel?

Looks really cool. Forgive me if the questions I'm about to ask have already been answered somewhere else in the thread, as I sorta only scimmed it.

Are you going to do any form of cable management? (sleeving etc, cutting down PSU lines to specific lengths, 90 degree molex connetors etc) Probably would help airflow.

And where is this going to be installed? I always wanted mine to be under the passenger seat... I'm guessing that this is going to be too big for that.

2. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

sorry for the off topic post but yeah i live in indiana too (zionsville) and i could only laugh at the poor freshmen and sophmores having to take ISTEP+ this week

Also I believe this is being mounted in the trunk. Can't wait to see some final pictures since this is an awesome mod :clap:

3. calking13

calking13 What's a Dremel?

grrr....

anyway, where did u get that prototype board?

4. The_Saint

The_Saint What's a Dremel?

Anything new in here?
    great mod i would like so see finished

5. thefatdx

thefatdx What's a Dremel?

*bump* ????

6. Der Me!$ter

Der Me!$ter What's a Dremel?

I do have some new stuff and the PC is functional, but I just don't have the time to document it at the moment. Currently I have to write my extended essay, practice for a math test, an economics test, the SATIIs and write an essay on Hamlet so please forgive me for not updating this log in a long time. Anybody who is doing or has done the IB diploma course will know what kind of a situation I am in.

7. Pistol

Pistol Guest

Man, great work, nice detail, everything, just...I just can't believe it's called the Meister Machine :eyebrow:

8. Isuo

Isuo What's a Dremel?

How come? I can get it easily, meister machine: master machine.
    Conclusion: Cause the mod is INCREDIBLE it shouldn't be called anything else but maister machine.

9. MaxPOwer

MaxPOwer What's a Dremel?

I think that he said that his last name was meister earlier in the thread...

10. Xfile_david

Xfile_david What's a Dremel?

Just read your whole log, enjoyed it.. well done.. How is Hamlet by the way.. as we all know that Knowing about Hamlet is so Crucial in Life :wallbash: as was when i had to learn Romeo and Juliet, in school :wallbash: So So So Very useful in my curent Life..
    Well looking forward to the finsish.. also would like to see you attack a desktop Pc for a Mod. :rock:

11. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

damn man that looks amazing. Real nice work, just went though all the pages; NICE ONE!

12. Isuo

Isuo What's a Dremel?

Ahh, ok. But anyways the mod is a masterpiece.

13. drinn

drinn What's a Dremel?

Nice job man :rock:
    I think that my father likes this mod cos he is Mercedes fan :D

14. calking13

calking13 What's a Dremel?

Oh man I wanna see update. Forgive my rare impatience. :D But this is just too cool (and dificult for a lot of us). Take Your Time!

15. fev

fev Industry Fallout

GIMME PICTURES NOOOW...please

16. JavaDog

JavaDog What's a Dremel?

Looking at this picture:

[​IMG]

I am worried, did you make sure that when you flip the LCD down its not going to smack into the shift-knob? I would hate to see you or your Dad flip it down and crack the LCD!! :duh:

17. zerocom

zerocom What's a Dremel?

carputers are really cool, and nice looking, the TFT and the controlpanel are seriously badass. :thumb:

18. Der Me!$ter

Der Me!$ter What's a Dremel?

Thank you guys!

@calking13: The PCBs were all desingned and manufactured by myself.

@JavaDog: At the moment the LCD is able to hit the knob, (It actually happened once, no harm done :)) but I have a solution to that problem.

Still no new updates I'm afraid... I just finished writing a 34 page essay (3974 words, a lot of pictures) on this project for my IB, and I am in the middle of finishing all of my coursework (including a 134 page program dossier for computer science :wallbash: ). After that I got mock exams and then my finals in May. I do have a 1 week ski break in 2 weeks though, so I may get some work done on this.

The computer is functional, but it's giving me a lot of problems recently like just turning itself off after 10 minutes, whilst illuminating 3 status LEDs on the control panel. I'm not quite sure what the problem is yet, but I'll get it fixed.

19. nick[x1]

nick[x1] What's a Dremel?

looking good :)
    Love the lcd and the ports on the computer look pro :D

Personaly not to keen on the buttons on the vent but as long as you like it :)

20. Pitbull

Pitbull What's a Dremel?

Omg that pwnd do you sell your car?? :jawdrop: :clap: