1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M³ Car PC *18.8.04 - Case Update Online!*

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Der Me!$ter, 1 Jan 2004.

1. Idioteque

Idioteque Telephasic Mongoose

I noticed a GPS connector on your input panel. how do you plan to implement gps into the system? what software will be used?

also what has your computer cost so far?

I wish I had my own car to experiment on... and fit expensive weaponry systems to... but maybe that's just me...

Anyway the mod is looking brilliant. the panels look sleek and modern. and 'master pc' seems quite a good name... just seems a little weird in a non-german speaking country. perhaps a 'drone pc' will be fitted? just a thought...

Are you planning to upgrade the pprocessor to something a little less power hungry? not talking mini-itx or anything but possibly a 266fsb athlon?

Is the DVD drive going to be fitted with a USB cable adaptor? because i have no way of understanding how you can find a 3m+ IDE ribbon cable. and those things are hell to solder up in order to extend them.

oooo.... paragraphing... learn it people. bad punctuation is punishable by death.

2. Idioteque

Idioteque Telephasic Mongoose

eurgh... english literature.... I see why we have to learn it but why do we have to learn the works of a long dead man written in a long dead dialect... and i thought trying to understand scousers was hard... no offense to any northeners... just a couple of ppl i know with really strong accents...

3. BlackMan

BlackMan Minimodder

im pretty sure that you cant have PATA or ever STAT that long, i know that PATA can go to about 40cm, and STAT can go to like 1m but i doubt that they can go any further, it would have to be converted to another cable type, like USB as sugested by Idioteque

4. barit

barit What's a Dremel?

Awsome stuff, lucky that your old man is willingly letting you tear his car to bits!

Have you done any mock runs to see what the average temp of that case will be? I could imagine you having a lot of problems with overheating as the boot has no circulation to speak of and doesnt have the same insulation that the car interior does to reduce the heat.

Maybe a aircon duct siphoned off into the boot could help keep the temps down.

5. nick[x1]

nick[x1] What's a Dremel?

Fix the pictures please! :(

6. c.cam108

c.cam108 Minimodder

Pictures are fine here.

As this thread has been dug up, I'll ask, what happened to this project? I have been following it from more or less the start, but I lost interest when there were no updates. Having just read the last 2 or 3 updates, I am desperate to see the finished product. I can't wait to see how you finished a (so far) brilliant project.

A lot of thought has gone into this, and I love the way you integrated all the controls. My one problem would be the surround of the buttons and TFT. Don't get me wrong, they look great, but they don't match the Mercades interior. In my opinion they would look great in a different car, something sporty, but they don't seem to suit the sophisticated interior of the Merc.

Other than that, good work! :thumb:

_C

7. nick[x1]

Pictures are still not working hmm :(

8. Arkuden

Arkuden mow?

i see them fine.

great work on that car. I think you have acheived just about everyones dreams on these forums by doing such a great job and this type of mod. I cant wait to see it fully finnished.

9. Stompy

Stompy What's a Dremel?

A few pics are working, but most arent...

10. nick[x1]

How much did you pay for the connectors?

I love them found them on RS for about £2.50 :( EACH!