1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Mac Killer' pt Deux (ish)

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Rocket_Knight64, 13 Sep 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocket_Knight64

Rocket_Knight64 Minimodder

2. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

..........Or just run hacintosh :dremel:

3. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

Or just run a full proper machine that costs the same?

4. Rocket_Knight64

Rocket_Knight64 Minimodder

True, that was the first thing that sprung to mind. But the legality of it somewhat up in the air. :sigh: I'd be that if OSX was legaly able to be put on PC then mac desktop sales would take a turn for the worse. :eek:

Anyway, the Mac thing was just an a try at a running theme. It still stands that a bit on funky desktops would be nice. :dremel:

5. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I cant remember who made this point but isn't it ironic that apple are the only ones who can install their operating system on a computer. If microsoft made computers and only put windows on their machines there would be lawsuits and public outcries. Microsoft had to install other internet explores or provide the option too when you install windows7, when you buy a mac, how is choosing your os between osx and windows any different?

6. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

He's using common sense! Quick kill him!

7. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

You can put windows on apple hardware... back in the old days you couldn't run windows because Microsoft didn't support the hardware.

8. javaman

very true. A guy on my ESE course got a shiny new mac only to install windows on it to run OpenFX for a module. He was promptley made fun off the rest of the year lol

9. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

They're very well built laptops, much better than an equivalently priced sony. Why was he made fun of, exactly?

10. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

Duh its a mac!

/sarcasm

Got a uMB myself and I absolutely love it! perfect for school

11. javaman

I do not deny that macs both laptops and desktops are quality built hardware, but when you get a mac is usally because you

a) Want to look cool
    b) Have money
    c) Looks "better" than anything else out there (obviously opinion)
    a few of my friends have came off with this:
    d) Windows sucks

macs are good but its the elitist fan boi nonsense I hate. I use windows because im comfortable with it and building your own system means its how you want it at the best price. Out of all my friends or people on my course, not one of them has bough a mac that actually understands computer hardware. They all get macs for the reasons listed above.

12. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

shrug, i find that most of the time it's windows users saying this about mac users. talk to a mac user and they'll just say, it's a nice machine, and the OS is sensible. as a student, a mac is often the cheapest around with academic discount if you're after a reasonably powerful machine; or the apple tax is completely negated. Sure there are some idiot wannabes out there, but there are plenty of windows zealots too. Don't discard the whole barrel for want of a couple bad apples.

(full disclosure - i have a mac. and a few PCs for good measure. the mac even runs windows at times :p)

13. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Some sensible posts, but let's not get into a pc/mac discussion here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.