1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Mac Mini & iPod Shuffle Announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by GreatOldOne, 11 Jan 2005.

1. -Xp-

-Xp- Member

Maybe already mentioned, but why is this in the iPod Shuffle page on their website?

At the bottom, smallprint.

2. JonDixon

JonDixon Decking is the new modding

I was wondering how long it will be before 3rd parties start producing white usb keyboards, mice & monitors.

Currently the PC tft monitors have mainly been black or silver, thankfully the beige has seemed to gone off the colour chart.

Apple monitors and their other peripherals are expensive but very nice, but If the mini takes off it wont be long before other parties are producing apple like products to go with them, to give the buyer are cheaper alternative.

3. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

As a joke...because it's pictured next to a pack of chewing gum ;)

4. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Well Belkin & Griffen already make matching accesories for the iPods so they will probably start making other accesories now, unless Apple has restrictions on what other companies can manufacture for their products.

5. JonDixon

JonDixon Decking is the new modding

I dont think you could restrict a company from releasing a white usb keyboard & mouse or a monitor for that matter.

As far as I know Apple dont own the patent on the colour white.

6. -Xp-

-Xp- Member

I got it, but Apple doesn't usually make jokes.

7. Satyric_saint

Satyric_saint New Member

OK when was the last time you had the money to go in and buy a $200+ MP3 player and decided you would use the extra $500 you had in the bank to get a computer to go with it? I've never had enough money at once to be that compulsive.

I think this thing just looks like a revamped version of the Mac Cube they put out a few years ago and it bombed big time no one liked it and to get a decent one you had to pay a but load to get it upgraded. :worried:

I will agree that the Mac is probably the best computer I've worked on for graphic design but I will never go out of my way to actually buy a Mac I think they look like A$$, you get this cheesy white or chrome POS that’s so plain and boring it looks like a paper weight. Also NOTHING I own could ever run on a Mac not to mention that the game selection for the Mac blows and the games that do come out for the Mac usually hit stores well after the ones for the PC do. :duh:
    I have yet to use a Mac Os that wasn't a pain to navigate through unless you have hundreds of shortcuts on the desktop and I hate my desktop cluttered with shortcut icons. :eyebrow:

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Oh yea people are! Take your missus shopping and youll see. "We want a new computer right?" "Uhh.. not really..""But *I* do and this one is only $399 and its sooo cute and neat unlike your box with all those naff lights and stuff..."

See where it goes.

9. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

Don't give them ideas :p

10. Vochraye

Vochraye New Member

lol!
    That clinches it. I'm taking my wife shopping.... :D

11. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

I bought my first iPod like that - (I paid $500 for the original 5gb.... sucks to be an early adopter of tech.....) - I went to Fry's Electronics to pick up 100 CDRs and found a 5gb mp3 player that looked cool and sounded good. (I had heard of the iPod before, but hadn't seen one. It had only been out for about a week.) My other mp3 player was 32mb - so I went to buy $20 worth of cds and dropped an extra $500 for a music player. It happens.

12. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

how to save $100 on an ipod shuffle
    [​IMG]

13. Satyric_saint

Satyric_saint New Member

Well I'm glad someone in this world has $500 just to crap away. Even with my income tax return I would never be compulsive enough to buy something over $100 without looking at all my options first and then pricing it to find a good deal. :sigh: Guess I'm just either weird or a tight wad. :hehe:

My wife doesn't even use my computer and its the only one in the house. she doesn't like using it and when she does use it she plays stuff like, pinball, solitare, or elf bowling. Simple stuff thats amusing or makes you think. Hell when I had the internet at home she would only use it once a week or so. If we go out somewhere and there is someting she wants thats really expensive and it comes down to either buying it or paying bill's we pay the bills first If its extra money we see if there is anything we need first.
    You wouldn't believe how pissed she got last year when I bought my computer with my Tax return and didn't tell her I was actually going to get it, she was under the impression I was still looking and she said she didn't care but it would have been nice to know what was going on. :eyebrow:

14. mikedeere

mikedeere New Member

The iPod shuffle is just a tampon that plays music.

15. Sea Shadow

Sea Shadow aka "Panda"

Um... NO

Creative has been making HDD based audio players for eternity (ok not literally but a heck of alot longer than apple)

16. penski

penski BodMod

To be fair, I trust Creative about as far as I could comfortably spit a rat.

I love MacOS X and I have been putting off jumping ship to Apple for some time now.

I hardly play games so that isn't really an issue...

I think I may be purchasing a Mac Mini at some point...

*n

17. ajack

ajack rox

On apple.com, 'chew' is replaced with 'eat' - subtle hints ;)

18. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

LOL! :hehe:

<A88>

19. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

I'm buying a Mac Mini

- Sc0

20. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

[WHISPER]me too[/WHISPER]

And, despite the number of times I've been accused of being one of those Mac Owners, it will be my first mac.

I've had to use one at work several times and have had to work on the ones that I talked my mom and my sister into buying, but it will be the first one I have ever owned. I'm one of those wintel owners they talk about who wouldn't buy an apple because they were too expensive. Until now.

Tags: Add Tags