1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple MacBook Pro ... dead

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by perplekks45, 14 Aug 2018.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

So, my MacBook Pro 13" 2011 was on a shelf for the last few months. Didn't turn it on, because I just didn't need it. Today I wanted to use it. Then I saw this...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

It looks like something quite literally exploded in there. Needless to say, it doesn't turn on and the battery doesn't show anything on the battery meter on the side. I'm contemplating opening the case out of curiosity, I'm sure I can't fix this.

Any ideas what might've happened?

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

The Battery has swollen. Apple have issued several replacement programs over the years over it, though iirc yours is too old be covered by any of them.

3. yuusou

yuusou Well-Known Member

When Apple has issued a recall, they sometimes replace the issued parts out of warranty as well, though I do have my doubts about a 7 to 8 year old laptop.

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Typically they only go back as far as 5 years, though there were exceptions [like the ipods that 'sploded].

5. perplekks45

So... I should ask a local Apple repair shop about fixing it? Would love to, but I bought it refurbished back in May 2011... ;)

6. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Take the bottom case off, remove the battery & you should be able to screw the trackpad down.
    Then replace the battery with a £40 3rd party one

7. perplekks45

Maybe after I banged the case back in shape. It is blown up like in old cartoons.