1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Macbook Pro Problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by The_Crazy_Canadian, 11 Jan 2007.

1. The_Crazy_Canadian

The_Crazy_Canadian What's a Dremel?

I've been having a couple of annoying problems with my MBP. about once a week or so i'll have to force quit either MSN or Safari and then i don't get sound until i restart and my second problem is that a couple times this grey screen will scroll down the monitor and say that i have to restart my computer. I'm wondering if these are normal problem or if they are a symptom of a bigger problem that i should look into. Any thoughts or suggestion would be helpful as this is my first mac. Other then these i love my MBP so i hope it isn;t anything serious.

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Something's wrong - the latter is a kernel panic (BSOD, basically), generally indicative of either a bad install or some sort of hardware issue. Try booting from the OS X disk and doing an Archive and Install first, and see if the problem persists. If so, contact Apple and smack 'em about a bit.

3. The_Crazy_Canadian

The_Crazy_Canadian What's a Dremel?

Thanks, the mac equivalent of the BSOD that i experienced only happend once but i'd rather ask now before my apple care expires. I'll try reinstalling so hopefully that will help if not apple is going to hear from me.

4. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

Could it be related to MSN messenger being installed?

I have a friend who uses MSN and was having software stability issues on his MBP.

He had all kinds of crap installed and removed it all and his problem went away so we don't really know what one software was causing the issue.

Tags: