1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple MacBooks

Discussion in 'Software' started by adam197, 16 May 2006.

1. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

You have been able to do that for ages (with the help go a 3rd party app though)... i've been using it for a year now but I much prefer to crtl-click or use use an external mouse with 2 buttons (hooray for the mighty mouse!).
    You can! :D and it's called iScroll2... it's been out for ages and is easy to use.

2. zerokool04

zerokool04 What's a Dremel?

Any UK students with an NUS card if you login to www.nusonline.co.uk and click in the apple store link you can get some pretty big savings, for MacBooks they are as follows:

White 1.83Ghz - £643.90 (A saving of £105.10)
    White 2.0Ghz - £773.15 (A Saving of £125.85)
    Black 2.0Ghz - £884.78 (A Saving of £144.21)

Bargain!!

3. simon_C

simon_C Minimodder

well my g5 is officially on ebay! hoping to get the majority of the price of the macbook. might get a RAM and HDD upgrade from newegg instead of from apple.....might knock the price down a bit. also, been looking at a bag for it. anyone had any experience with the Oakley AP Sandbag? looks cool and has a laptop pocket.

im so psyched to be getting rid of my g5, always wanted an apple notebook....

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Definitely score a RAM upgrade from Newegg rather than Apple. The MBP is fairly easy to upgrade the ram, and the vanilla Macbook appears even easier. I picked up 2G DDR2 for $185 or something, vs the $500 Apple requests (and I've got a spare 512mb stick to boot!)

5. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Got a link for this app? I could do with it on my MBP - doesn't seem to offer the ability to do it out of the box.

6. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

Do you mean two fingered right-clicking or just two fingered scrolling which my PB already has?

iScroll just tells me that my trackpad isn't compatible.

7. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

I pop'd to the Apple store after work yesterday, had a good look at the mew mackbooks. I was inpressed with the size of the things espically their slimness.I live the keyboard but the reports were right about the black one's.It felt rather course and rough to touch but it did look spanky.

I also took a good looka at the mbp's, and OMG were they hot! the undersection was rather warm but then i touched the cpu/gpu/northbridge section at the top of the keyboard and it was boiling hot...i could only touch it for a few seconds.

Personally im well impressed with the newest Apple linup,I only wish now i could actually afford one.

Also another bit of kit i was impressed with was the iPod Hifi, that big boombox that the iPod attaches itself to, nice and loud with healthy amount of bass but i cant justify the £250 price tag.

Tags: