1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU Machine won't turn on after shutdown. SCP problem?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Eosis, 11 Dec 2011.

1. Eosis

Eosis What's a Dremel?

I have just upgraded (hah!) my PSU from a CX430 to a Cougar SX 550, and am encountering some difficulties.

When I turn off my machine, I cannot use the power switch on the header to turn it on again. I have to wait for a certain amount of time as well as switching on/off the PSU and mains power before the system will power up.

I was wondering if this could be due to the SCP that the SX550 has, though I can't see why the machine would turn on at all if the SCP 'thought' there was a short.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

If you're not happy with it I would return it to the retailer for a refund. This can be done no questions asked as long as the PSU is in the same condition it was received in under the Distance Selling Regulations assuming it was bought on-line and it's under 7 workings day since taking receipt of the goods. I can see this one being a tough one to argue if it is a PSU fault and not outright failure! They can be buggers PSU!

3. Eosis

Eosis What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I've now repackaged it and it will be picked up today.
    Hopefully I will have no problem getting a refund.

I contacted Cougar about the issue and they claim that it is a problem with the 'condensers on the mainboard', but I can't see how that would be the case when I didn't have the same problem with my old CX430.