1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Macro Black

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by macroman, 1 Jan 2002.

1. the pip

the pip What's a Dremel?

kudos to all the noobs who joined the forums.:D
    macro, i think i speak for everyone when i say:

how did you make the fan controller???

also, could it be made with the MO LK204-25PC lcd, with the fans connected to its high power gpo's. (Thinking about vantec stealth fans, since they draw little power and are extremely quiet. With 8 of them airflow would be good to. just a thought.......)

anyhowz, good job macroman. Even not having seen it up close, i don't see anything i dislike. keep up the good work...

2. macroman

macroman The One

I must apologise for the delay in getting the rest of the article up. I lost most of my article data due to HDD corruption, during a backup would you believe!!:cries:

Anyways, I have been reverse engineering it all and it will be up asap.:dude:

3. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

that will teach you for backing everything up :D

4. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

At least you didnt learn the hardway not to mount cold cathode inverters next to your HD. That corrupted my HD and I lost everything, that was before I started backing up.

5. knoj

knoj What's a Dremel?

The problem finding Chrome Window tint here in the US seems to be the fact that it's ILLEGAL for use in cars. So I figured the next best solution would be to get some from a building tinting company... but they will only sell it in rolls costing about $200 or more (USD). I have been to all of the custom car shops arround, and to all of the parts stores, and hardware stores... I would pay the $ to have it shipped here, please if anyone knows, or want's to make a living selling this stuff to us Staters (hint hint). Please, this is a desperate cry for help!

Oh, what about a nice green-chrome, or blue-chrome tint? Wouldn't that be nice? What about Gold tint? I think the gold tint would look nice with the black!

6. knoj

knoj What's a Dremel?

Hello?

So, can NO ONE help me here? No one is willing to tell me where I could order this stuff out of? We can NOT get chrome tint here in the US, can someone please help?

Thanks, Knoj.
    :cries: :cries: :cries: :sigh:

7. macroman

macroman The One

There must be someone from the US who can help with the tint? :(

8. kanuslupus

kanuslupus Minimodder

knoj: Do you have a Home Depot near you? I picked up some 'frosted' tint for some home windows. I'm pretty certain they had something similar. You might give that a shot. Came in roughly 5' x 7' roll.

9. knoj

knoj What's a Dremel?

Hey, thanks man!

I went to Lowes, (Home Depo is 1/2 hour from here)... They had 3' x 15' very nice, but a bit pricey, $29.99 OUCH! Oh, well, maybe I will try Home Depo tomorow, otherwise, I will pay the price! (that's more than a cathode light...)

10. kanuslupus

kanuslupus Minimodder

Could be a different brand than I purchased. I know what I bout was wider than 3' and shorter than 15'. Was also less than $30, but was still fairly expensive.

11. knoj

knoj What's a Dremel?

Cool, thanks again, I will make my way to DesMoines today to hit up the Home Depot for some tint then... Was the stuff you got shiney enough?

12. mischaiscool

mischaiscool What's a Dremel?

Just wanted to add my piece and to say the case is very nice.. and is one of the best cases i've seen ever. well done macroman! ;-)

on a slightly different note.. i wish a few people here would just chill a bit and give macroman the time he needs to get his article done. patience..

He is no doubt a very busy man, and doesn't have to do this for us all at all. so chill! ;-)

I am looking very much forward to seeing it though. and also what his next project will look like!

M

13. evilgreenie

evilgreenie Standby for Main Engine Burn

Anyone know a source of the ClearPC single bay covers in/from the UK?

The Macro Black VFD display mount looks really cool & I want to try it out with my Noritake GU126x32 .....

14. macroman

macroman The One

The overclocking store sell them. The link is on the front page. :)

15. evilgreenie

evilgreenie Standby for Main Engine Burn

... and they just quoted me 3-4 weeks minimum for delivery (i.e. they don't know when they'll get an order in) :( :(

The US stores either don't recognise the rest of the world (directon) or like overclocking are waiting for stock (pcmods) :sigh:

Maybe we can set up US trading - chrome window film for ClearPC bay covers...:p

16. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

unfortunately you have to wait for a lot of things from America :sigh:

i have been waiting since June for clearpc to send me a case to review and it should have been dispatched yesterday so fingers crossed :)

17. PillPu$her

PillPu$her What's a Dremel?

I'm about to paint my case, and I was wondering if there is any advantage to painting the part of the front bezel that holds the drives in place? I could leave them clear so the drives could be visible when backlit, but I don't know if this would allow outside light to pass through the front fan hole and backlight the windows.

18. PillPu$her

I noticed earlier in the forums that someone mentioned that black matting that was used around the drives in the front bezel. I didn't notice it at first either. What exactly is it made of and where can I find some? Also, a previous post asked about finding good quality fibre optic stuff. What should I look for and where? Thanks.

19. macroman

macroman The One

The matting is stick on velour made by Fablon. Commonly known as the makers of sticky back plastic.

The fibre optic is 1mm thick and is the same stuff used to make hi-fi optical cables - mine came from Maplin.

20. PillPu$her

Window Tint

For those of you in the US, I found proper window tint in Limo Black and, yes indeed, CHROME! Suprisingly, I found at my local Pep Boys, which is the last place I looked. This stuff is just like what's described in the article, 20% light transmission, and not the static cling variety mentioned in an earlier post. I'll tell you how it looks after I give it a try. Wish me luck!

Tags: Add Tags