1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macros Mouse Mat

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by macroman, 3 Apr 2002.

1. kanuslupus

kanuslupus Minimodder

Could this be it?

Does this look like the correct stuff?
    They are located in Richmond VA. Not certain they will sell direct though.

2. kanuslupus

kanuslupus Minimodder

Re: 3d Photo Film in US?

Has anyone bought this yet? I looked at it in a store. Appeared to be about as thick as normal paper,
    so I question its durability. Will be checking more places later this week.

3. polamnus

polamnus What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the links but I think what you've posted is pretty close to what I posted. I've not bought it yet, as the local Staples has to order it. But it really looks to me like both of these products are metalic opaque, and the 3D Photo film Macro used is largeley transparent, it has to be to print the image in reverse on the back. Everything I've found that's sold in the US as "Holographic Paper" has been opaque. If anyone has any suggestions...I'd love to build one the "Macro" way but at this point I'm seriously considering simply using a plain transparency sheet. I emailed the place on the web that Macro bought his from, they'll ship to the US at cost, but IMO that's not worth it. They had no suggestions for US distributors.

I work for the Planning, Design, & Construction division of a large university. I've consulted with guys from our "Sign Shop" as well as our Chief Archivist(guy who knows Everything about Printing) and despite a long list of numbers to call and URLs to hit, it really seems like there's no source for this stuff at all in the US. I'll keep looking and share my results, everyone else, please do the same.

Best,
    pol

4. macroman

macroman The One

I will see if I can find a US source guys. I can't promise anything tho' :D

The beauty of the stuff I used, apart from the cool 3D effect, is the mouse glides almost frictionlessly due to the surface structure. Ordinary transperancy is smooth and will not give anywhere near as smooth a ride ;)

5. Slayer

Slayer What's a Dremel?

WOuld you say this is better than a RatPad???

6. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

macro: did u wire your LED's in parallel or series, and do u need any resisters, and if so what kind :)

7. macroman

macroman The One

The circuit is in the article :sigh:

8. Camma

Camma What's a Dremel?

camma wants one lol

9. kanuslupus

kanuslupus Minimodder

Aricle? There's an article for this thing? :D

10. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

is it possible to wire 11 3mm 5v red LEDs up to a 5v line in series and not use any resisters?

11. MagicMikey

MagicMikey What's a Dremel?

Transfer Paper

I know this isn't the same stuff used in the wicked article, but since myself and many others cannot find the 3D film in North America, can this be a good alternative? I've never used this stuff before and was wondering if this stuff really is long lasting... as well as any other good comments about this transfer paper. I'm guessing it doesn't leave a very smooth surface, but not a very rough surface either, maybe a little less rough than a Ratpad?

Thanks.

12. kanuslupus

kanuslupus Minimodder

I don't think I've seen this one posted yet. Maybe grafixplastics has something?

This stuff?

Macro... is there a manufacturer or anything on the packaging. Maybe some more details about what the product is?

Last edited: 20 Apr 2002
  13. MagicMikey

MagicMikey What's a Dremel?

Wow, that really looks like it's it. I hope Macroman reads the description and tells us if it matches the description of his 3D film... :baby:

14. macroman

macroman The One

Ahh, I see what you mean. I have just checked out your site and I see you have already done something similarish. Sorry dude you have some neat stuff on your site.

15. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

y doesnt mine glow like it does in the picture:rolleyes:
    *cough*false advertising*cough*
    lol

16. flibble666

flibble666 sorry i am dyslexic

yo macro got an icq//ami//msn

17. flibble666

18. kanuslupus

kanuslupus Minimodder

Looks quite different to me. Basically a way to light under your current mousepad, whereas Macro's was an entirely new mousepad.
    If their version is what someone was wanting to do, it looked pretty good to me.

19. flibble666

Looks quite different to me. Basically a way to light under your current mousepad, whereas Macro's was an entirely new mousepad.
    If their version is what someone was wanting to do, it looked pretty good to me.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    well y use a old mousemat macros rocks my mouse runs over it like a i sk8er on a block of ice

20. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Tags: Add Tags