1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Mad Catz paid not to make Guitar Hero controllers

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 11 Jan 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

..Owned.

3. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Its nice to see the head of a company coming out and admitting he made a mistake, whats even better is hes more than capable of laughing it off.

4. TWeaK

TWeaK Guest

Not one of the best lines to feed to your stockholders. I hope for his sake that none of them get wind of this.

Not too sure about Mad Catz controllers anyway. I used to have a few of them, including a wheel and pedals for the N64, and thinking back to them the build quality wasn't all that great. The pedals stopped working after a couple months, and the thumbsticks tended to wear out quicker than original controllers.

5. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd and WC Addict

Totally agree

6. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

It sounds like it wasn't really his mistake, more that the lawyers told him there'd be trouble. That's why he can tell us this without his stockholders lynching him; still, props for laughing it off...

7. 1ad7

1ad7 New Member

Ima go buy 50 mad catz controllers right now to support a CEO this honest, that will likely cost me what 20 bucks...

There quality sucked back in my PS2 days but idk maybe now Ill stop not buying there products.

8. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Like some of you i had a mad catz wheel, and yeah the quality wasnt great, From the looks of some of the newer stuff it seems like they may have sorted this now.

The new Rat mouse looks interesting, any chance of a review when its available?
    [​IMG]

According to their website they're the company behind saitek, and i know a few people that have saitek keyboards and are quite impressed.

9. freedom810

freedom810 Member

I haz one! its glows pretty colours :D I love it.

10. MacWalka

MacWalka New Member

That mouse just reminds me of the new Bat Mobile for some reason. Its just mental.

11. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

A decision like that needs to be documented, considered, consulted with a legal team and fielded for a vote with the rest of the board. Not something that one person makes - sometimes it can be the wrong call.

Both QFT ^^

12. Farfalho

Farfalho New Member

The sarcasm he used just flawless xD I bet when he's bored at work, he remembers that particular situation and laughs his ass off just for fun. Well... I would if I were him.

Quote of the year candidate anyone?!

13. Makaveli

Makaveli New Member

+1 Great Quote!

Tags: Add Tags