1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Make your own Intel NUC Case Competition

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 14 Jun 2013.

1. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

Sorry for the double-post, but I just uploaded the OEM version of the board to the warehouse....

2. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Just submited my design :).

As previously mentioned we've moved a long way since the humble floppy disk (of which i still use on a daily bases due to old CNC machines)

3. Phame

Phame COOOOFFFFEEEEE

Submitted my idea.. :)

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

:D -Gooooooooooooooooood.
    @Combatus - I used the switch jumpers in my design too. I like being able to put the switch where I want it.

5. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

I used NUC model without Thunderbolt-can I submit that?

Of course, it will be added if I start making of case. :)

6. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Anyone know if it's possible to use the pcie connector to hook up another msata drive?

7. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

Submitted. :)

8. Boorach

Boorach Minimodder

Although I love this competition I prefered the open feel of the Raspberry Pi one. Closed applications with only the top five being chosen and published means the masses will miss out on some great ideas.

9. Cheapskate

@Boorach - I suspect we will get to see a lot of designs. Judging by the names in the thread, There should be some stiff competition too.
    -This will be a looooong month, though.

10. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

No worries!

That's fine, so long as your final case can house the D33217CK board which has a thunderbolt port ;)

AFAIK the two ports are identical but the lower one is half-height only and meant for WiFi modules which will be included in the competition pack.

11. Combatus

We'll likely publish all the designs so everyone can take a peek - I've received quite a few so far so it's going to be tough to choose! We'll likely have more open competitions, but the closed ones we've seen over the years have been pretty awesome too.

12. Asouter

Asouter --------

Sorry guys but I'm going to bow out of this one. I have too much on my plate right now and can't dedicate the time that this and the sponsors deserve.
    Good luck to the lucky five builders, Please please please show us something original

13. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Had a last minute tweak to my entry & just uploaded it, I used the wrong NUC model but I'll be able to tweak it quick & easy enough if it manages to get that far, looking forward to seeing the others. :D

Shame Asouter won't be in though.

14. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Well I've submitted mine, this is looking to be a very intense competition judging by the entrants!

15. Nagby

Nagby What's a Dremel?

16. Ace_finland

Ace_finland Minimodder

When will the top 5 designs be chosen? Submitted but feel like i should have made it a bit more detailed :s

17. Cheapskate

I came here to see how things were going. -Didn't want to hear Asouter had opted out.:(

18. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks Nagby your model was a huge help, will be easy to tweak if it gets picked. :)

Antony said deadline is 14th July, says 7th on article so must have been extended so still time for people to submit a design. :)

19. Combatus

14th is correct - I've just amended the article! Sorry bout that - so many dates were flying around at the start as Intel was gathering all the parts for the kits! If anyone wants to re-submit with some tweaks feel free.

I cannot believe A) how many entries we've had and B) some of the designs! Great stuff!

4 days to go! Will likely be a few days after 14th obviously as we'll need to sift through the entries and pick five. There was me hoping for twenty or so... it's already double that!

20. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

So now that the deadline's come and gone, any ideas when we'd be likely to see the finalists announced? Given the high calibre of the entrants I can imagine it must be really difficult to choose which ones go through. Really looking forward to seeing what everybody came up with.

Tags: Add Tags