1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Maker Faire!

Discussion in 'General' started by phenoptix, 24 May 2013.

1. phenoptix

phenoptix What's a Dremel?

We've been involved in few of these events in the UK and even traveled to the USA last year to attend one in New York, but I don't think I've ever seen a PC Modder show at one. Which has always left me a little puzzled. Some of the most amazing craftsmanship goes into custom builds and modifications so why not show them off on a wider platform?

There's a few mini maker faires coming up in the UK over the summer, but the big one in Europe is going to be Rome in October and I would really like to see some Bit-Tech members in attendance and even better than that see them exhibiting. The call for makers is still open until 2nd June. http://www.makerfairerome.eu/be-a-maker/call-for-makers/

At the last Faire in the US at San Mateo they had over 120,000 people through the gates, would be great to see that in Rome and see some representation from the Bit-Tech community too.

[​IMG]

Yes that is Adam Savage and two Tesla Coils. That my friends is how Maker Faire rolls :rock:

Would really welcome your comments and thoughts on Maker Faire, have you attended, exhibited or even run one? What would tempt you to attend?

Last edited: 24 May 2013