1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Making Wind Chimes

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by supermonkey, 31 Dec 2014.

1. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I recently helped my parents build a gazebo in their backyard. They enjoy spending their retirement years tending their garden, then sit out in the evening watching birds and other wildlife. With a little inspiration from another woodworker on YouTube, plus a trove of information about wind chimes from another person online, I set about building a set of chimes for my parents.

The chimes are tuned to a pentatonic scale based on Middle C (at least, it's close to that based on the final length, diameter, and thickness of the copper tubes). I made them from maple that I harvested from a tree that fell during Hurricane Ike, and mahogany that came from a door that I got from a neighbor.

The build video:

And the obligatory still images:

The base for the chimes, wide view:
    [​IMG]

The striker, wide view:
    [​IMG]

The wind sail:
    [​IMG]

2. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Veeeery nice, :clap: would sure like to see you do a scratch build PC. :dremel:

And if you already have point me to it so I can see. :D

3. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Thanks. Unfortunately there aren't any scratch built PCs here; I don't even have a single modification to my standard case! It's the classic problem of too many hobbies and too little time.

Though I recently assembled a media PC from spare parts, and I've been thinking of something a bit Whovian. Perhaps if I ever finish my list of projects...