1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Man, is it just me or are all RED mod items either orange or pink!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by retrogamer, 5 Jun 2005.

1. retrogamer

retrogamer What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

^^ for example ^^

I was hoping to set up a silver rig with red lcd, fans, cables, molex etc. I like the look of red on silver, but they all appear orange to me? I also bough a CCFL but thats really white + red = PINK! Is it just what they look like on screen, is it a camera thing, or do they all actually look that colour? :wallbash:

cheers
    retro

2. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

I know just what you mean...the vantec red stuff looks so orange I didn't know what it'd actually turn up as, so I just bought my orange braiding from Fleetwood in the end. Apparently they are actually red, although I think the shop was just trying to prevent me telling eveyone it's actually orange

<A88>

3. retrogamer

retrogamer What's a Dremel?

I might just head down to a maplins or something and have a look in person, but somehow im thinkin itll just be orange :rolleyes:

maybe ill just head down the stock: blue/silver route :p

4. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Hey, Orange and silver looks cool too!

5. ZuNe

ZuNe What's a Dremel?

Does anyone know of any 'red' heatshrink which turned out to be orange?

I can't find any orange heatshrink in the UK. I don't really wanna have to buy from America (frozencpu.com). Or alternitevly anyone have any orange heatshrink left over they wanna send me :D [At a price if necessary] :p

Sorry for thread hijack :grr: ! But I can't use the for sale sections yet. :sigh:

cheers :)

6. MrMan

MrMan What's a Dremel?

lol agreed, my red cold cathode is pink

7. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

This is exactly why I have a green and a blue CCFL ;)

8. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

my coolermaster red led fan is a nice deep red. now i'm scared about going with a red theme for my mod, i don't want it to end up orange
    [​IMG]

9. mcbeckel

mcbeckel What's a Dremel?

I agree..I ordered some uv-reactive red sleeving from performance-pcs and when it arrived it was hot pink...even under a uv light. :waah:

10. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Gah, you old-timers! Don't you know that pink is going to be the new white?! :D

11. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Yeah i got some "Hellfire Red" ccfls and they turned out to be pink. Which was good for greywolf and his pinky2 project. I myself stick to making led arrays because ccfl inverters scare me.

12. severedhead

severedhead What's a Dremel?

Akasa case fans are actually red. But my supposedly blood red water dye has ended up almost flourescent pink!

13. star882

star882 What's a Dremel?

I don't know about you but I'd think that a PSU with pink sleeving on the wiring would look nice. Might not go with your theme, though.
    However, LEDs around 650nm will be red, so go for LEDs if you really want red.
    It's actually very difficult to make a CCFL that glows pure red. It has to do with the fluorescent phosphors used. Same problem with UV reactive materials.

14. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

I have the CoolerMaster red uv fans and they are pretty red. They do turn a little radioactive pinkorange with uv light though. Its just a gamble.

15. BBurger

BBurger What's a Dremel?

Red LEDs are really, actually red.

My local electronics store sells cable sleeving that really is red. Zip ties, too.

My silver ATop premod has been kitted out with red LEDs inside & on the front; I might sleeve the cables sometime.