1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Married? At what age?

Discussion in 'General' started by vetlel, 8 Feb 2005.

1. Derelict

Derelict What's a Dremel?

Marriage? What's that? :naughty:

2. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

To quote the Princess Bride:

"Marwage. Marwage is wot bwings us togever today. Marwage....that bwessed awangement. That dweam wiffin a dweam!" :D

3. fivecheebs

fivecheebs Dont panic!

aww look at the little fella dragging his ass along the ground :hehe:

hehe, youd have to be of a certain age to remember stuff like this ... and yea, i think it would be a good name for a dog and an unborn baby ;)

4. cerberus

cerberus What's a Dremel?

Married at 27 the wife was 30. Was with her for 7 years before we married and still there 3 years later. the best 10 years of my life.

5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Unhappily married woman meets toyboy.

My missus was 30 and I was 24 when we started seeing each other. We did things together for about two years before moving in to our home and a year later got married. Nearly four years down the line and we're still both happy.

So, to answer, I was 26 and 3/4.

6. Feline

Feline What's a Dremel?

I was 24, she was 20. When we divorced, I was 26, she was 21. I am now 27. Yep, life sucks like that sometimes...But at least I have my beautiful daughter to show for it :rock: !

7. Wombatwilson

Wombatwilson What's a Dremel?

30 here and still not YET. engaged to be though

8. GMan

GMan Minimodder

Married at 21. My wife was 24. That was 22 mostly pleasant years ago. No regrets at all. Four great children, one granddaughter and a grandson on the way.

9. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

Married at 19 nearly seven years ago this July.

10. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I love you guys. *hugs* for :: vic :: and :: kna :: :D

I'm 28 (thanks for reminding me fathazza) and have no intentions of getting married. I don't want kids, ever, so that issue is out of the way. Maybe someone one day will change my mind, but so far no-one's convinced me I'm the marrying kind. All the people I've had serious relationships with have been the same so it's never been a big deal. Although after this year I will enter the "oh my God all my friends are married!" Bridget Jones style territory... which will be strange.

11. penski

penski BodMod

I have a friend called moog :)

Well...technically, she's called magy but she prefers mog...I just call her moog.

*n

PS: MOOG (pronounced 'mow-g')

12. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

Just thought I'd throw my hat in the pile...

My wife and I were both 20 when we got married. In 2 days it will be our 2 year anniverssary, and I must say... things are much different now than the first day we were married.
    While emotions (and thoughts of sex) were running higher then, I can honestly say I'm in love with her much more today than the day we married.

Planning on waiting until we get a nice house before having kids, but we definitely want to someday.

We waited a few years before getting married, but finally one day just decided "why not today?". We got our marriage license and started planning the wedding. We were going to try to get family to fly in, and reserver our church and whatnot, but last minute decided that's not what we wanted our marriage to be about. I picked her up outside of her class one day and told her the minister we wanted to marry us was available that day. Within 4 hours we (and 3 of our friends) were having a very small/private ceremony.

We later were both in arthur2sheds' larger wedding, which got the formality of it out of our system Ha! OneSeventeen in a tux! :p (where is he anyway... he needs to start posting more often.)

To those of you who disagree with marriage: That's cool. I honestly don't care what other people find acceptable for themselves, as long as they don't impose those beliefs/opinions on me.

13. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

Got married when I was 20 and turning 35 this spring.

My wife and I got married in the main auditorium of a theatre we worked at on a Saturday before they opened. I think it cost us about $50 for the whole shebang and we've been happily married for almost 15 years. I have no problem with big/expensive weddings but they have no bearing on how long the marriage lasts. Often times, my wife and I roll our eyes when we realize how much money someone's wedding costs and can't help but think "damn, that's a new car or down payment on a house" which we were very shy of the first 5 years of our marriage.

14. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

at 32, never been married. my signifigant other however is married. (been seperated for 5 years now, just no lawyerin' money yet)

we might get married we might not. we were together 9 years ago, and lost each other, and came back together 3 years ago. she moved in with us (live with my single mom) about 3 weeks later. we havent been seperated for more than a few hours since. having custody of my nephew makes us sort of an instant family.

I think i would like to be married to her, but i'm not really sure if she wants to do it again. i guess time will tell. i was 22 when we met, and she was only 16. the older we both get, the less the age differance seems to matter.

15. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

I really have to agree with you on this one. Our marriage was $200 total, and that was to the minister who then donated it to charity. I have been to weddings where the whole circus ended up stressing everyone out to the point where no one had a good time. And you could defiantly get a nice new car or two for what some people dish out these days.

16. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Gosh.

I knew that Moog in WtW was 'Moo-g' but didn't know the music guys were said differently (Virgin records called it the 'Moo-g cookbook' when I bought it damn them!!).

I may have to do my famous Bose trick to see for myself. (Someone in work said "I have a 'bo-say' CD player in my 'Por-scha'. Whilst I know the pronunciation of Porsche is right, I knew it was 'Bose', so after an argument I put the phone on speaker and called their UK headquarters. The word smug did not do me justice as they answered 'Good Morning, Bose UK' :D)

17. craigey1

craigey1 Minimodder

No I just figured I'd like to have something half decent for a change. I dn't need to be married to show I'm committed to my gf.

and where did that last part come from? Just because I like to have an idea of what I want in my life, doesn't mean that my gf is neglected in anyway.

I have asked. She said yes. We just haven't made any arrangements. She would like to get married soon as she wants various family members to be there (who may not be in the future). But she knows I had no plans to get married straight after asking her. I'm not going to do it to please everyone else, and I want to make sure that we've got the money to have a decent wedding (the one she's always wanted) & a honeymoon we'll never forget. Rather then a registry office in Slough & a honeymoon in Bognor!

18. Arthur2Sheds

Arthur2Sheds Jackson

I got married at 23. Hasn't been a year yet, but it's been great. I would recommend it to anybody, as long as you find your own other half. Mine's taken.

Oneseventeen: I seem to remember missing your wedding because I was in class! A little bit of notice wouldn't have killed you! You'd better be nice or I'll post a pic of you in a tux.