1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ian8415, 2 Jan 2011.

1. ian8415

ian8415 What's a Dremel?

Im having problems with getting in to this, I got it off the back of steaming reviews and have given it a try yesterday, where am I going wroung?

I find the combat really annoying, there seems to be powers but it not easy to distinguish on the hud, and doesn't really say what they do, then there's squad members to sort out to phew, I spose the story hasn't took me either, havn't got a clue whats going on.

I've got to the bit where you go to the afterlife night club, so many people to talk to, I don't know what anyone's on about, the women in the club i'm suppoused to talk to I think, I don't even know what I'm asking about

Ive played fallout 3 before so I wouldnt say I was adverse to games which require commitment in hours haha

anyhelp?

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Did you play Mass Effect 1?

Get it, get past the annoying 30 minutes of citadel walking/talking, then it's all strawberries and waffles. Then play ME2 ;)

3. ian8415

ian8415 What's a Dremel?

Good point

4. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

What Bindi said! Much better to come of the back of ME1 and then play this.

5. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

I'm currently a few hours into ME2 without having played ME1. The background story of ME1 is explained nicely here which helped me loads:

Also read your codex, lots of ME lore there. It's a Bioware game so yeah there's a ton of universe lore. I found it fairly interesting though.

Combat is great so far. Playing the infiltrator class and the whole cloak - BOOM headshoot routine never gets old haha. Biotics come with descriptions in your Squad screen does it not? That and a little bit of experimentation during battle usually gets you there. Having said that some things I totally found by accident - the singularity-warp combo for example.

The only thing I don't like is the extremely limited RPG elements - no inventory to speak of for example. Nothing on the complexity of Neverwinter Nights or even Dragon Age. ME2 to me is more of a 3rd person shooter with RPG elements than a RPG with 3rd person shooter mechanics. I suppose that's a sacrifice to keep the pace of the narrative exciting.

Anyway, at this rate I'll probably buy ME1 anyway to get a truly custom char by the ME3 hits next year :D

6. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

It's definitely a marmite game, some people say it's the best game ever and others just can't get into it.

I finished it and thought what the hell was that all about, theirs so much dialogue that I would forget what I was even doing.

I'm about 3/4 through a second play through and am enjoying it a bit more.

7. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

Hi Guys

i started on ME2 this morning and OMG!!! its good. I have just stopped for dinner but i can see this being a late night!

It so much better than the ME1. I love RPG's and this is not one but its more involving than a typical shhoter and it has a great story. the only bad thing i can say about it is scanning planet. who ever thought that this was a good idea needs to be beaten!